How does "map to scene" and "map to preset" work?

Zwiebelchen

Fractal Fanatic
I stumbled upon those in the menu of the Axe, but couldn't figure out what they do.

I thought it was for setting up the starting scene when selecting a preset, but somehow it didn't work.
I wanted to change the starting scene of preset 3 to scene 2, so I set:
"Map from preset" to 3
"Map to preset" to 3
"Map to scene" to 2
but when I switched presets in recall menu and then came back, scene 1 was selected.

Can someone explain how this works? And what is the difference between "Map from" and "Map to"?

Your configuration means that a program change with a value of 3 will select the preset 3, scene 2. What do you try to acheive ?

That is mapping for use with a midi controller. This does not apply to the recall menu in the Axe.

As Moab explains, it's for use with a MIDI controller.

I'm using this feature.

I have 4 scenes in preset 000. By mapping preset 001 to preset 000 > scene 2, I can use the 2nd preset switch on my MFC to quickly access that 2nd scene, which is my main crunch tone.

Why this method? I can keep my favorite tones in a single preset (optimizing spillover) on the Axe-Fx.

Ah, so this is not to set a default scene when a preset is called, just for manually assigning PC messages to presets/scenes? Too bad. :/

I was thinking of this earlier but hadn't looked it up yet. Is it possible to change the order of the scenes in a preset? If so, then selecting which scene to start with when selecting the preset is not an issue.

Why this method? I can keep my favorite tones in a single preset (optimizing spillover) on the Axe-Fx.

And switch between scenes using standard midi controller patch change switches. Genius! I have to start looking at scenes now.

The "Map to" settings are essential for my setup. I use the mfc with bank set to 0. First 3 switches are scenes 1-3, switches 4-10 are IA'S, and then 11-15 are specific presets. When I hit my preset switches, they "default" to scene 3 because they are mapped to that scene when that patch message is received. It's a glorious feature.

There are a couple threads further explaining this on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom