How does it work with nylon guitars?

Hello guys!

First of all, sorry if my english is not perfect, I'll do my best so you can understand me, but i might make some mistakes now and then, so please, forgive me in advance :)

I just purchased my Axe-fx standard and should arrive some time this week, im really excited, cant wait to have it with me :)

I play a lot of acoustic guitar with a Godin multiac Nylon.
How does the axe-fx work with these kind of guitars? Could anyone get rid of the awful "piezo" sound?
I saw some impulses for acoustic guitars in the IR forum, but i would love to know if someone is having great results with a piezo guitar with nylon strings.

One alternative i have is to buy one fishman imaging nylon pedal and run it through the effect loop, but i really cant spend more money (i am saving for one of those Atomic FR, i sold my last amp yesterday :p )

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers.

I have some parametric EQ settings somewhere which work well for piezos - mainly for steel string but might work ok for nylon.

I had a Godin ACS nylon string for many years so I know exactly the sound you're talking about!

It was sold long before I got my AxeFx but with the parametric and perhaps some of the acoustic guitar impulses mixed in you might be able to get it sounding better. Apart from that, some compression up front and then some reverb/delay at the end of the effect chain should be all you need.

Right now I use a Sadowsky Nylon which has an under saddle transducer (non-piezo) and is just great with the AxeFx without needing much EQ.

Will see if I can find the reference for the parametric settings and I'll post this.

Chris

Many thanks for your answer.

I would love to see those settings for the parametric :)

Also...your guitar is very very nice.
I saw Pat Metheny playing with one of those many years ago.

My Axe arrives in 2 days, can't wait to play with it by myself!

Cheers!

hi,

I'm using my Ultra also with a Carvin NS-1 and a FRAMEWORKS fretless nylon and they both sound great...

cheers,
Uli

Back
Top Bottom