How does Bulbs and Nollys Rhythm tones work on FW17.04?

DTS

Experienced

Do i sound like Periphery? To me no. But these presets are good to go even today. I just reselected the amp blocks to update them the new parameters.

I quadtracked the guitars. Nollys preset is darker and Bulbs preset has more high end, so i think they work good together. Or what do you guys think?

Edit:

Here you can listen the RAW guitars only. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25064384/Musiikki/DM Guitars.mp3

Last edited:
share your presets?

To clarify, these rhythm presets aren't done by me. These are original presets from Peripherys Misha and Nolly and you can download them from Axe Change. They are done for FW 9, but they work great in FW17 too. Just remember to update the amp block.

Im pretty sure they dont use these patches anymore and have re done them. Someone asked them if they would release their juggernaut patches and they said they might.

Reactions: DTS
Yeah, i'm sure they don't use these anymore. But these get you on the same ballpark still even today. It would be awesome to get some new preset releases from them.

Even more interesting would be a sneak peek of the custom impulse that Nolly has done. What cab and what kind of well, everything has been done there. :D I think the crucial part of their tone comes from there...

I re-visited their patches with FW 17.04 and I agree with your characteristics of the patches....I actually like them more than previously. I also think their Zilla 2x12 Fatboy cabs contribute so much to their tone that it ain't even funny. I've tried getting similar tones from Clark Kent's IRs which are awesome but are not the right fit. However, I am currently using a IR capture of my ENGL 2x12 with a sm57 2inchess off axis aimed to the left by by 10 degrees on the cone in stereo ultra-res coupled with either Citrus V30 4x12 stock IR or the PVH6160 stock IR seems to get close, although not quite there. I find it works pretty well when jamming with "the Bad Thing", "Breaking the Covenant" and "Mile Zero", more so hitting individual strings vice chords. And of course the specific guitar and pups make or break the tone since he's using a one of a kind Blackmachine (I'm drooling) and the Astrides with BKP BLackhawks I think.:)

Bulb's Patch.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DTS
I seriously haven't heard any of what you all seem to slobber over in anything Periphery. The clean tones are distinctive in that they sound FM modulated.....but as FM modulated synth tones don't captivate me, nor do the former. Especially in a mix, these 'contemporary' high gain tones do not have the character(istics) similar to an overdriven tone, or even an 80s heavy metal tone....however much I'd like this to be different.....

Yeah, it's a good sound. I can't say for sure that it's 100% nailed, but it does sound killer. Good work.

Back
Top Bottom