How do you use Morningstar MC6 MKII with Axe 3 ?

angelworm

Inspired
Hi gents, just got my hands on a nice MC6 MKII: very powerful but a bit overwhelming; for now I managed to setup a bank with preset inc/dec and 4 scenes.
How do you use yours ?
I was thinking 1 bank with 12 presets and 1 bank with scenes, maybe 1 bank for looper
Thanks

If you do a search you'll find a useful tutorial on how to set up the MC6 with the FM3. I was using mine with 'presets scenes effects' in a way very similar to the 'OMG9' that people do with the FC6 and FM3..... below are my FM3 Layouts and MC6 Banks that I used. You should be able to upload these to your devices if you want to go that route - may need to change some global settings and you need 2 MIDI cables since this uses 2 way communication.

PS - here's the tutorial: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/my-omc9-setup.172031/

Attachments

• MC6 Layout.fclayout
    9.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Morningstar_MC6_MKII_Backup_File.syx
    161 KB · Views: 33
If you do a search you'll find a useful tutorial on how to set up the MC6 with the FM3. I was using mine with 'presets scenes effects' in a way very similar to the 'OMG9' that people do with the FC6 and FM3..... below are my FM3 Layouts and MC6 Banks that I used. You should be able to upload these to your devices if you want to go that route - may need to change some global settings and you need 2 MIDI cables since this uses 2 way communication.

PS - here's the tutorial: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/my-omc9-setup.172031/
I did a research and stumbled into your tutorial, very well done !
But I still don’t get what OMG9 stands for 😀

Last edited:
I used to have the Morningstar MkII with my axe fx 2 and it was purely awesome. I actually miss that setup a bit. There are so many ways you can configure that pedal, incredibly versatile. Check out the morningstar forums also. If you're creative you can accomplish everything you need with long/short holds/back/forward pages etc

Back
Top Bottom