How do you set up Button configuration live

Hey randy
I hope this helps
Every presets has 8 scenes. So without changing the preset your stuck with one amp and cab. You could use x/y switching to change to another amp but this will likely cause the same audio gap as preset changes will do. You could either use different drive pedals to bring the amp into more distiortion or use a modifier to change gain values on the amp. This could be a scene controller with 100% drive in scene 1 and about 10% for your clean in in scene 2. Another way would be to control the amp drive with an expression pedal. I tried this and it works really well but it takes some time to get used to it because it's little different then using the guitars volume knop.

Scenes can controll the on/off status of our effects so scene 1,2,3,4 in the first row of steps will also work to turn your chorus in scene 2 or your pitch in scene 3 on.
It's super easy to set footswitch function with the ax8 edit just go to the footswitch page then right click on the switch you want to change and then click on thwe function you want. The footswitches can also change to another preset in the bank directly but as i said there will be a small audio gap. In some cases this probably isn't a problem.

I have used 1-4 for scenes and 5-8 for dedicated effects in my live setup for about a year now but changed it a little yesterday.
I changed #8 - turned off global and set it to Per Preset - this allows me to have one pedal that can vary pr preset.
A need came up and voila the AX8 delivers again.

Hey randy
I hope this helps
Every presets has 8 scenes. So without changing the preset your stuck with one amp and cab. You could use x/y switching to change to another amp but this will likely cause the same audio gap as preset changes will do. You could either use different drive pedals to bring the amp into more distiortion or use a modifier to change gain values on the amp. This could be a scene controller with 100% drive in scene 1 and about 10% for your clean in in scene 2. Another way would be to control the amp drive with an expression pedal. I tried this and it works really well but it takes some time to get used to it because it's little different then using the guitars volume knop.

Scenes can controll the on/off status of our effects so scene 1,2,3,4 in the first row of steps will also work to turn your chorus in scene 2 or your pitch in scene 3 on.
It's super easy to set footswitch function with the ax8 edit just go to the footswitch page then right click on the switch you want to change and then click on thwe function you want. The footswitches can also change to another preset in the bank directly but as i said there will be a small audio gap. In some cases this probably isn't a problem.

I appreciate your response..I messed with it these past few days while re reading posts within this group & looking over the manual & YouTube videos & I accomplished what I was after but ended up being disappointed lol

I had buttons 1-4 set up as S1-S4 globally & buttons 5-8 globally as the stomps that I wanted..but the delay between switching presets were ridiculous (CPU was only about 65%)

Then I tried doing it strictly X/Y but still no cigar...

My bass player suggested we try to set them up as P1-P4 globally & that made it a ton better..the delay was more like I was accustomed too with a regular amp especially compared to the other ways...

So now I just have to tweak & tweak some more...my EV zlx 12p came in Friday & I tested it out at rehearsal & myself along with the rest of the band were blown away...I even ran my vocal mic into it simultaneously & it had no problem competing with our rehearsal volume..I'm actually considering ordering another one..! (I know it's not true FRFR but man...it sounds great & didn't sound much different than what I was sending to the PA either but I'm sure I could benefit from more tweaking ofcourse)

I also discovers how important those barefoot buttons might in fact be but was shocked that they're like 20$ for 2..! lol so I may have to go ahead & order those & some sort of labels I suppose...I'm very much excited :)

I use 4 scenes and 4 effects on and off in most of my presets. I use a preset of each song but some songs require 5-7 scenes and no IAs :0). My jam preset fro sitting in with people and my pedalboard with no ampsims just pedals straight up is all IA switches and I hit the F buttons to get to the different scenes.

I use 4 scenes and 4 effects on and off in most of my presets. I use a preset of each song but some songs require 5-7 scenes and no IAs :0). My jam preset fro sitting in with people and my pedalboard with no ampsims just pedals straight up is all IA switches and I hit the F buttons to get to the different scenes.
do you notice any longer than usual delays bud? when switching scenes inside your presets like that..?

My bass player suggested we try to set them up as P1-P4 globally & that made it a ton better..the delay was more like I was accustomed too with a regular amp especially compared to the other ways...

I also discovers how important those barefoot buttons might in fact be but was shocked that they're like 20$ for 2..! lol so I may have to go ahead & order those & some sort of labels I suppose...I'm very much excited :)

Interesting, I may have to try that and see if it makes a difference on my end.

For the buttons, I ordered a set of the Mooer Candy Toppers which are a plastic version of the Barefoot Buttons. They run maybe $2 each and aren't sold in normal stores so I ordered some off Alibaba (never done that before). Ended up being $9 for a set of 12 shipped from China and I have no idea if/when they will arrive (clearly a lark and not a necessity).

In my band at times, songs are called out on the fly, a very wide range of covers from all eras.So I must have versatily. I only use 3 presets at most. On my main preset- Front row are Filter(2 boost levels), Drive(shimmer and TS), Amp xy(band comander,ODS HRM) , Trem (i need to turn that off and on quickly,2speeds xy). Rear row Phase, Chorus,(both time synced) Rotary, Compressor(for funk rythmn). F1-3 default. 4 expression pedals-wah,vol, delay mix, rotary speed(with damping to simimulate leslie speed up/down). minimal spring Rev always on.

Interesting, I may have to try that and see if it makes a difference on my end.

For the buttons, I ordered a set of the Mooer Candy Toppers which are a plastic version of the Barefoot Buttons. They run maybe $2 each and aren't sold in normal stores so I ordered some off Alibaba (never done that before). Ended up being $9 for a set of 12 shipped from China and I have no idea if/when they will arrive (clearly a lark and not a necessity).
I see them on ebay but theyre 20$ for a different color knob, 12 total I think it was...Im gonna look up that alibaba place..although I have a feeling I probably shouldn't do so here on my work PC....lol

did you try running them as presets instead of scenes btw..? my biggest difference was the switch from clean to distortion.

As I said earlier switching from clean to dirty can also be achieved via a scene controller, a drive block or using an expression pedal as your drive value instead of an wah or somthing like that.
The scene controller works without delay but you have to use the same amp for both sounds. That said I still like it as it works great.

Back
Top Bottom