How do you program your MMGT's?

Roadrunner

Power User
I recently switched from the MFC to the MMGT22, very powerful board and easy to use / program.

I have it now setup for 3 pages:

1. 6 x presets, from ultra-clean to heavy distortion and leads + FX on/off + Tuner and Tap.

2. 6 x Scenes + FX.

3. Amps, Cabs and FX X/Y.

I haven't thought of any special need by now, had only one rehearsal with it and was ok with the configuration.

For the RJM MMGT users, I was wondering what do you config yours to? Special things etc…

Thanks.

I play around and tweak all the time. I have a couple of "safe" presets with 5-6 scenes each for clean to mean. I've also been experimenting with 8 presets on a page and use the IA mode to reach any effects not frequently used. I have the MMGT/16 so with 8 presets that's still 4 IA's on the first page on the bottom two rows for boost and delay. Works really well and with IA mode I reach another 8 IA's without using pages. But then I realised I don't really need 8 presets so now I'm down to 6 presets and 6 IA's in my most recent setup. This is obviously for main/flexible presets. I have dedicated song presets with however many scenes is needed for that song.

As someone looking into getting an MMGT, are the presets you mention (8 presets/page) Axe presets or MMGT presets? I'm under the impression you'd want to use scenes + IAs for seemless switching rather than presets + IAs.

Yes, if you want seamless switching you need scenes and be careful with using different X/Y states in blocks. I find preset switching fast enough though in almost all cases and use both presets and scenes depending what I feel like. Preset switching in the Ase Fx 2 is just as fast as when I used a channel switching amp previously. What I described above was using both Axe Fx and MMGT presets.

MMGT22 is pretty damn insane! This setup has worked well for me so really don't tinker with it anymore... with that said however just added Page 4 to play with Ableton simply because I could :)

Page 1...
2 Presets, 4 Scenes, Songs, IAs, and have Comp,GEQ,MultiDly,PEQ,Trem,and Tempo under IA Mode:
upload_2016-1-12_17-21-57.png

Page 2 is looper, leveling, presets/songs/sets, setup:
upload_2016-1-12_17-22-5.png

Page 3 contains a significant number of remaining blocks just because it can:
upload_2016-1-12_17-22-14.png

Mappings to Ableton for recording from XR18 (Click, ARM, rec/punch):
upload_2016-1-12_17-22-26.png

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom