How do you plan to use Performance Mode for Gigs?

It's not black and white. For most it would be once or twice during a show. No one will care of notice at all.
To clarify, I do find the Global Perf page useful. It's the totally customizable Perf Page, which I find nothing more than a glorified preset editor.

There's no way you need to be dialing in your Trem or Chorus depth at that point. You shouldn't need anything other than Tap tempo for delay, etc, etc.

I have so far set up one page with amp settings mimicing the available knobs on a physical amp + od tone. The other is just high/low cut, gate threshold, and delay input gain and feedback. No gigs yet but I do think the performance pages shine as fine tuners for the space you are playing in rather than as access to every available parameter in the device between songs. For my setup its easier to have those often used controls on a singular page rather than having to menu dive into each individual block.
Are you going to re-adjust after every preset change? Or you do everything within one preset?

Are you going to re-adjust after every preset change? Or you do everything within one preset?
I use a single "kitchen sink" type preset that has the amps and effects I use 99% of the time. Again both my performance pages are setup to tune to the room so it is more a set it up when I get there/soundcheck and don't touch it again. Often prep time/soundcheck is minimal to non existent so I definitely appreciate any efficiency updates to the necessary day-of-gig workflow

I use a single "kitchen sink" type preset that has the amps and effects I use 99% of the time. Again both my performance pages are setup to tune to the room so it is more a set it up when I get there/soundcheck and don't touch it again. Often prep time/soundcheck is minimal to non existent so I definitely appreciate any efficiency updates to the necessary day-of-gig workflow
Nice, I can see how well that would work for you. I'm on the one preset per song setup still.

I hope to not use it at all. If I do, the only thing I have set up are different amp levels just in case the lead channel is too loud or not loud enough.
And I'll probably just tweak that out in full band rehearsal before a real show anyway. :)

To clarify, I do find the Global Perf page useful. It's the totally customizable Perf Page, which I find nothing more than a glorified preset editor.

There's no way you need to be dialing in your Trem or Chorus depth at that point. You shouldn't need anything other than Tap tempo for delay, etc, etc.
I dunno, leaning down and tweaking delay feedback or modulation is pretty par for the course in post-rock and shoegaze…

I even built a 4-knob expression controller for my AX8 so that I’d have the more tactile real-time control I had with the big pedalboard. The performance pages scratch that itch perfectly.

Just wondering what page people are leaving up on the FM3, when paired with an FC6 during your gigs? I'm tending to using the Global Performance page. The Home page with the Preset and Screens seems pretty useless, since most of it is too small to read and the FC6 is right there in a large font. I try to do most of my tweaks during sound check, but there are times during the gig that I may have to turn something up or down. What are others doing?

Back
Top Bottom