How Do You Organize Backing Tracks on iOS?

APE

Inspired
I think this is the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to ask, as this pertains to LIVE performance…

How can I organize backing tracks for live performance?

Also, I had to give up on the AX8 Looper because it was very hard to use, hard to get in time. I'm not sure if it drifts out of time or not, but it always seemed off. But overally, very, very complicated and hard to use. Not sure who designed it, but the Looper sucks ass. So now I am using only backing tracks.

Thank you.

You could possibly create a playlist in iTunes and sync it to your iOS device and have all your Sets in order of how you want to play them.

Stage Traxx. My fave app, very versatile for start/stops/continues, quick switch/adds, track to track volume, etc, also has scrolling lyric/chart capability.

...I had to give up on the AX8 Looper because it was very hard to use, hard to get in time. I'm not sure if it drifts out of time or not, but it always seemed off.
Start recording the loop on the downbeat. End it on the downbeat. Stick to that, and the looper keeps perfect time. When you try to stomp early before the loop or late after the loop ends, in an effort to “get everything” — that’s where the trouble starts.

Last edited:
Hmm I use the looper all the time and it's usually right in time. When it's Off for me it means I hit the switch just a tad early getting out of the loop. Other wise it's dead on. Try practicing with it and metronome and see if it's still off.

Also, I had to give up on the AX8 Looper because it was very hard to use, hard to get in time. I'm not sure if it drifts out of time or not, but it always seemed off. But overally, very, very complicated and hard to use. Not sure who designed it, but the Looper sucks ***. So now I am using only backing tracks.

I do use backing tracks when I do solo shows and workshops, been using Good reader for iPad but I think I'll give some of the other options given here a try. Thank you guys.

Last edited:
Check out Prime App by Loop Community. Has been awesome. You can upload your multitrack stubs and then mix them live in playback if you want. We use it every gig ... well at least until our drummer gets an SPD or something.

Back
Top Bottom