How do you open the program after installing it?

tabqwerty

Inspired
3Q36GzG
I click on the 'MFC-Edit' desktop icon made after running the setup, then it just opens another .zip file folder (.jar). Is it supposed to do this? (There's no .exe in this new folder.)

I'm using Windows 10 Professional OEM and a Mark 1 MFC-101 (that's connected to the original Axe-FX II via ethernet cable that isn't turned on right now. Should I turn it on?).

On Windows versions, if the file associations are incorrect (which can happen if a) they've been manually changed or b) another software application has been installed that has changed them) then by default a .jar file (java archive) will not be opened by the Java runtime but instead by the Zip, WinZip. 7-zip programs. 99.9% of the time it is the installation of a compress/zip program that has caused this problem on all Windows systems. Some things you can try: Uninstall the zip program you installed, uninstall Java, reinstall java (do not yet reinstall your Winzip/Other-zip program yet) and then try to launch MFC-Edit. Alternatively, you can reset the default "File Associations" using either the Windows tools or other utilities. Here are some links that might be helpful:
  1. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/394616/running-jar-file-on-windows
  2. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/check-reset-file-associations-windows/
The editor is working just fine - the problem is a Windows misconfiguration. Link #1 is the best place to start.

Thank you. I think I've got it from here.

Could I use my registration key on both my desktop (home recording) and laptop (live performance)?

Thank you. I think I've got it from here.

Could I use my registration key on both my desktop (home recording) and laptop (live performance)?
Awesome. Glad you got it sorted out.
I'm okay with it if you use your key on both computers as long as they are the same OS (eg, both Windows or both MAC). Otherwise you'll need two licenses. Also, and this is just my opinion, I rather think it unlikely that you'll be editing MFC-101 settings at a live gig; if you do something wrong you could disrupt your performance :).

Back
Top Bottom