How do you live loop like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live or not, looped or not, that was some cool stuff!

I really dig her voice and the music.

Some of her guitar voicings are right where my sweet spot lies...

PS: Even simple looping can be cool. Check out Marc:

That was wild. Knowing so litle about how to do this well I'd never describe it as simple though! It looks like he uses a hardware looper with multiple tracks?

Oh. Wow. RC-505: https://www.boss.info/us/products/rc-505/ -- that's a beast!

The mappings from the RJM to Abelton should hopefully give me a bit of that level of control, with my feet, over each track but we'll see. Tonight's shut-in project...

@guitarnerdswe @Stratman68 @Dr. Dipwad : you guys done with your grand tear down job and arm chair sleuthing? Can we get back on topic? The thread is about how you loop live like this, not whether or not the video is entirely geniuine. You want to watch her videos on super slow motion and and infinite repeat, go for it. Not the thread to post about it though. If I ever start a thread where we talk about whether it's live or memorex I'll be sure to tag y'all in for your expert opinions.

Back on topic...

I fired up Abelton last night to try this out and immediately ran into issues moving from instrument to instrument -- that definitely takes a fair amount of practice if you're going with the pre-arrangement approach. I'll have to consider this more. But today I'm going to try mapping some control switches on my GT/22 to Abelton functions so I can do this without a set arrangement to follow. I can just move between instruments and punch in the next loop as I get there and am set to record. Thanks for that tip @toneseeker1 !
You know Ian, I get your a moderator, buyt sometimes you go to far. I mentioned it in ONE sentence, didn't rag on her, didn't say anything derogatory. I then talked about playing solo and my experience and how I would like to give Ableton a look since I have a lite version.
excuse the heck out of me! Talk about overreacting!

You know Ian, I get your a moderator, buyt sometimes you go to far. I mentioned it in ONE sentence, didn't rag on her, didn't say anything derogatory. I then talked about playing solo and my experience and how I would like to give Ableton a look since I have a lite version.
excuse the heck out of me! Talk about overreacting!
I didn't moderate you, so I don't what that has to do with anything here. As a rule, I don't moderate the threads I create because that never works well for me or your.

I'm asking, not telling, you to keep it on topic because where you're taking it is very far from what I want to talk about here. Don't like it? Start a thread and have at how live or not live it is.

But yea, you know what? On re-read, I was pretty caustic to you, @Dr. Dipwad and @guitarnerdswe. I really don't like people tearing into other's art one bit. So, I apologize for a caustic request. I could have stated it more nicely. Whether it's truely live or not has nothing to do with the topic of you do approach looping like this and only detracts from the focus to discuss that here. Please take it some place else?

Better?

I didn't moderate you, so I don't what that has to do with anything here. As a rule, I don't moderate the threads I create because that never works well for me or your.

I'm asking, not telling, you to keep it on topic because where you're taking it is very far from what I want to talk about here. Don't like it? Start a thread and have at how live or not live it is.

But yea, you know what? On re-read, I was pretty caustic to you, @Dr. Dipwad and @guitarnerdswe. I really don't like people tearing into other's art one bit. So, I apologize for a caustic request. I could have stated it more nicely. Whether it's truely live or not has nothing to do with the topic of you do approach looping like this and only detracts from the focus to discuss that here. Please take it some place else?

Better?
Ridiculous. I, speaking for myself NEVER tore in to anybody in this thread. I NEVER said you moderated anything, I simply said, I know your a moderator. No need to reply I'll leave the thread.Unreal!

Ridiculous. I, speaking for myself NEVER tore in to anybody in this thread. I NEVER said you moderated anything, I simply said, I know your a moderator. No need to reply I'll leave the thread.Unreal!
I’ve dug myself a hole I’m not getting out of, I see. Again, sorry.

Edit: Gonna lock this. I've managed to run this thread into the ground. My apologies to @Stratman68, @Dr. Dipwad and @guitarnerdswe .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom