How do you justify the time you spend on here?

torkolort

Inspired
People don't understand, especially not my girlfriend - why I always need to quickly browse the forum whenever there's an opportunity. I've given up on trying to explain because people don't get it and I'm not even sure myself anymore. It's just an addiction. :) What do you tell your girlfriend / wife and how do they handle it??

I don't justify anything; I just explain what I am doing if asked. She doesn't ask. It's a nice setup. :D

People don't understand, especially not my girlfriend - why I always need to quickly browse the forum whenever there's an opportunity. I've given up on trying to explain because people don't get it and I'm not even sure myself anymore. It's just an addiction. :) What do you tell your girlfriend / wife and how do they handle it??

No need to justify it to others, start with justifying it to yourself, if necessary.
Personally, at times (no surprise I guess) I realize it's getting a bit too much. OCD around the corner.
Then it's time to take a step back. The world will survive.

Well, it could just as easily be asked how do you justify the things she does without you while you are on here?

Reactions: yek
Yeah, I mean, do you actually know what your wife / girlfriend is out doing while you're on here? You might be browsing around the general forum one day and then all of a sudden you realize there's another dude living in your spare room and there's an extra toothbrush in the thing on the sink. That's when you know it's bad. If however you suddenly realize there's a kid running around the house that doesn't look like you though, I'd say it's probably time to delete your account on here and focus on other things. ;)

Justify was not the right word, it's not an issue at all, it's just curiosity. I guess it's just that there's always something new to discover and learn about the axe-fx and I don't wanna miss out anything :)

I simply start explaining how I need the tone from ZZ Top's Sharp dressed man in order for me to achieve tone nirvana and babble how if I tweak this and download that ir it'll be that more apparent and she'll just wish she didn't bring up the subject. :lol

I simply start explaining how I need the tone from ZZ Top's Sharp dressed man in order for me to achieve tone nirvana and babble how if I tweak this and download that ir it'll be that more apparent and she'll just wish she didn't bring up the subject. :lol

This. Bore her with details that make her wish she never asked. I used to do it by accident, now I can do it on demand :lol

Tell 'em you're here because there haven't been any new posts to the "Which Country Has The Most Beautiful Women?" thread at the Harmony Central Amp Forum lately. :mrgreen

JWW

Research, learning, and recreation. If she asks which, I usually spout off the details on the latest research and she disappears pretty quickly.

It's definitely OCD

The possibility of "missing" a new update or Cliff tidbit... or new "way" of possibly achieving a "better" tone...

Do tube guys have to do this? ;)

If my wife asks I tell her to get back in the kitchen and cook me some pie! Then, I don't have to worry about it again for a long time. ;)

Nah, I am rarely on here from home. I usually pop on between projects here at work.

How do you justify being in a relationship with someone who needs you to justify how you spend your time?

How do I justify my time on here (or other boards)? I don't have to because I am not here when there are other things that need doing (especially if it involves the kids) and I am only here when I'm taking a breather at work or relaxing at home.

Back
Top Bottom