how do you guys handle moving presets between ax8 & axefx II ?

Submitted the following ticket:

I had my axefx ii mk ii running firmware 2.0 and my ax8 running firmware 1.0b connected to the computer.
Exported an amp block from axe-edit 3.5.1 and attempted to import it into ax8-edit 1.02.
Got the following error:
---------------------------
AX8-Edit
Unable to import.
The selected file contains data for the Axe-Fx II and is not compatible with this firmware.
OK​

Will this procedure never work because of the different firmware revs?​

Submitted the following ticket:

I had my axefx ii mk ii running firmware 2.0 and my ax8 running firmware 1.0b connected to the computer.
Exported an amp block from axe-edit 3.5.1 and attempted to import it into ax8-edit 1.02.
Got the following error:
AX8-Edit
Unable to import.
The selected file contains data for the Axe-Fx II and is not compatible with this firmware.
OK​
Will this procedure never work because of the different firmware revs?​

The amp block is that way because new parameters/modeling have been added. You would have the same issue if you went to an older firmware on your axe II mkII and tried to import the same amp block.

This will probably change for the ax8 once the modeling has been updated to quantum 2

So this begs the question again about having some type of file format conversion tool...Anyone heard a date for 2.x firmware on the ax8 ?

The amp block is that way because new parameters/modeling have been added. You would have the same issue if you went to an older firmware on your axe II mkII and tried to import the same amp block.

This will probably change for the ax8 once the modeling has been updated to quantum 2

It didn't work in my case as the error message I copied/pasted indicates. But then again, I'm not able to get fractal-bot to connect to my AX8 so maybe there are other issues, firmware incompatibilities, etc. With this many new products and new firmwares floating around, there's no way a single individual that isn't a tester can say that a scenario absolutely works. And I was advised that this is a known bug.

I can absolutely say it absolutely worked for me. And it absolutely worked last night after I posted when I imported another couple of presets via blocks from the Axe into the AX8 just to prove the point.

Hope you suss out the problem, because it's a great and easy way to port the presets.

I can absolutely say it absolutely worked for me. And it absolutely worked last night after I posted when I imported another couple of presets via blocks from the Axe into the AX8 just to prove the point.

Hope you suss out the problem, because it's a great and easy way to port the presets.

It won't work on amp blocks because my axefx is 2.0 and ax8 is 1.0b.

So this begs the question again about having some type of file format conversion tool...Anyone heard a date for 2.x firmware on the ax8 ?

I think we need a way to open Axe FX presets without having a physical Axe Fx. If you could open the presets, you can reverse engineer the patch. In some cases you will have more blocks going on the Axe, that you cant just export from the Axe Fx and import into the AX8

Perhaps it works for some people and not others sue to firmware compatibility ?? Does anyone know which firmware on and Axe-Fx II XL is compatible with Ax8?
To the guys who were able to copy and paste, so to speak, the blocks, what firmwares were you using when it worked?
I don't want to upgrade one or the other if it will cause a problem. I haven't used my Ax8 yet for gigs because i need to get my sounds over from the Axe-Fx
Thanks in advance!

The good news is-I was able to bring over all blocks from one of my main presets, from the Axe 2xl to the ax8.

The bad news is that it keeps turning off the reverb effect because of too much CPU usage. Its right around 90% When it goes to 89%, the reverb becomes available. After getting rid of all unimportant blocks, i am able to get scene 1 working, but when i turn on the chorus or Multidelay or Drive, it's too much.
Does the amp model type affect the cpu usage much? this preset is using Shiver Clean.
Any helpful ideas appreciated:)

Dunno how much you've read, concerning reducing CPU usage of blocks, when going from AxeFx to AX8. But most of us have had to reduce Reverb block quality from "High" to "Normal", and Rvb Diffusion to a lower figure... sometimes as low as "3", in order to make a non-glitchy AX8 patch. Also, Cab quality often needs to be reduced, and Preamp within Cab block.

Thank you for the tips, paulasbell!!

I haven't read anything. I assumed it would be an easy transition:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This 'studio reverb' is already at normal. The diffusion is probably pretty high. I have to go back and check. I'm now in prep for the gig mode and have turned all the axe edit stuff off for today. Ill check out cab quality.

Was also wondering how to get rid of the 'Y' state of the Amp model. When i imported the block, it had both X and Y. I'd prefer to save CPU by deleting the Y state and creating a new patch with that model alone, but i can't figure out how to do so in the limited time I have today.

Any ideas on that, folks? If not, perhaps i'll start a new thread.

Thanx

Was also wondering how to get rid of the 'Y' state of the Amp model. When i imported the block, it had both X and Y. I'd prefer to save CPU by deleting the Y state and creating a new patch with that model alone, but i can't figure out how to do so in the limited time I have today.
you can't delete it - it doesn't use CPU. it's X OR Y using CPU at any given time.

If you post a preset, we can provide additional suggestions on how to squeeze it into the AX8. The amp type doesn't typically affect CPU usage that much because it uses the dedicated DSP. You can switch the cab to Normal Res a little CPU.

Thanx. On this preset i have an x and y amp setup. The x creates the problem (Shiver Clean) When i go to the Gibtone, the problem disappears.
I'll try fiddling around w speaker settings and see if that helps. If not, i'll post the preset. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom