How do you guys go about mapping your MFC?

heidner

Hey guys. I'm not entirely new to the Axe-Fx but none the less i haven't really gone too deep into mapping out my MFC for my liking. I play in a band that demands specific sounds for specific songs, so currently i have a preset for each song. My end goal is to actually have one preset for everything we do, and map out scenes instead for the desired effects.

I'd love to know if you guys also use presets or prefer to keep as much as possible within one preset and switch scenes instead?

it depends. people have done both.

what is the issue your facing? it kinda doesn't matter how others use it, but depends on what you want to do.

it depends. people have done both.

what is the issue your facing? it kinda doesn't matter how others use it, but depends on what you want to do.
The issue i'm facing is that i can't seem to avoid seemless amp switching without the delay between switching presets, since i'm currently switching presets during songs as well.

So what i want to do is having 5 scenes within a preset:

- One for clean with verb+delay
- One low gained with verb+delay
- One for rythm with a boost
- One for lead with delay+verb (x verb and x delay)
- One for lead with tons of gain + loooads of delay and loooads of verb for swells (Perhaps y verb and y delay if possible)

As far as i'm aware, it's only possible to have 5 scenes within a preset, no?

Sorry if this is really straight forward!

The issue i'm facing is that i can't seem to avoid seemless amp switching without the delay between switching presets, since i'm currently switching presets during songs as well.

So what i want to do is having 5 scenes within a preset:

- One for clean with verb+delay
- One low gained with verb+delay
- One for rythm with a boost
- One for lead with delay+verb (x verb and x delay)
- One for lead with tons of gain + loooads of delay and loooads of verb for swells (Perhaps y verb and y delay if possible)

As far as i'm aware, it's only possible to have 5 scenes within a preset, no?

Sorry if this is really straight forward!
Presets have 8 Scenes. You can put all 8 Scenes on the MFC. By default, it has 5 when using Reveal.

Of course Scenes just change block channels (XY) and turn blocks on and off.

When I was playing with a band, I used set list feature in the mfc. I used maybe 20 or so presets that fit most songs, unless there was some unusual sound effect such as running with the devil. as far as the switches, all my presets are set up scene 1 dirty rhythm, scene 2 clean, scene 3 lead, scene 4 special rhythm, scene 5 special lead. scene 6 special effect 1, scene 7 special effect 2, scene 8 special effect 3. You have to keep things in a format that you can remember in the heat of battle. Now not all my presets use all 8 scenes but I have switches for all 8 on the bottom rows. the other switches are set for pitch 1, flange 1, drive 1 etc. I use 2 exp pedals, one for volume, one for wah mostly but pitch and special effects depending on the scene/preset. I also use 2 momentary switches set to external controllers that can be used for all sorts of things, delay hold, temp lead boost, temporary sound effects(flanger for unchained)quick clean amp to dirty amp toggles, etc.

When I was playing with a band, I used set list feature in the mfc. I used maybe 20 or so presets that fit most songs, unless there was some unusual sound effect such as running with the devil. as far as the switches, all my presets are set up scene 1 dirty rhythm, scene 2 clean, scene 3 lead, scene 4 special rhythm, scene 5 special lead. scene 6 special effect 1, scene 7 special effect 2, scene 8 special effect 3. You have to keep things in a format that you can remember in the heat of battle. Now not all my presets use all 8 scenes but I have switches for all 8 on the bottom rows. the other switches are set for pitch 1, flange 1, drive 1 etc. I use 2 exp pedals, one for volume, one for wah mostly but pitch and special effects depending on the scene/preset. I also use 2 momentary switches set to external controllers that can be used for all sorts of things, delay hold, temp lead boost, temporary sound effects(flanger for unchained)quick clean amp to dirty amp toggles, etc.
Thanks a bunch. I'll head down to the rehearsal space and try to use this a bit for guidance along with the pointers i got from Chris!

Back
Top Bottom