How do you get your drums?

I suspect you won't need Soundcloud to recover Ian, I doubt you're going to find anything in the Default SD2 example to warrant the purchase over EZD2 for your requirements
smile.gif

I *really* appreciate the comparison. Thank you for that.

It will, when Soundcloud is back up from their outage, no doubt tell me quite a bit. All I need to know in fact. Considering purchasing EZD2, a $30 up-sell to SD2 was something to mull over, but if the stock, vanilla sounds are about the same, I probably won't spend the money on SD2 -- I'm not going to be tweaking beyond what EZD2 already lets you do because I'm using it mainly for demo writing purposes.

If you're just using it for demo purposes, just go for EZD2. The depth of sample layering might not be as good as Superior, the flexibility with the routing, FX, bleeds, etc. might not be as good as Superior., etc... but for demos? It should more than good enough.

In the Toontrack offers keep in mind the EZ drummer EZX are 16 bit with a smaller library (fewer articulations or samples). Superior SDX libraries are 24 bit with more articulations. If this is important to you.

In the Toontrack offers keep in mind the EZ drummer EZX are 16 bit with a smaller library (fewer articulations or samples). Superior SDX libraries are 24 bit with more articulations. If this is important to you.

Probably not, but good to know.

I have EZ Drummer 2, SD2 and BFD 2. BFD 2 has some serious kits and the sounds are extremely realistic, but the workflow is not simple. The EZ and SD 2 combination is an amazing one.

I would go for SD 3, which may be coming out in November as it will probably have a tap to find feature which will make it the complete drum plugin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom