How do you get "copy scene to actually work?

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
I've done exactly what the manual says & it does not copy the scene:

TO COPY ONE SCENE TO ANOTHER…
The Tools page of the Layout menu contains a tool to copy one scene to another. This works within a single preset; you can’t copy a scene from one preset to another.
5. Navigate to the Tools page of the Layout menu (grid).
6. Turn the VALUE wheel until “COPY SCENE” is shown on the display.
7. Use the D knob to select the scene you want to copy from. Scene numbers are shown above the knob.
8. Use the E knob to select the location you want to copy to. You can also choose to copy one scene to “ALL”.
9. Press ENTER or the on-screen EXECUTE button (Push-knob C) and the copy operation is completed.
10. Test your preset and remember to STORE to make the changes permanent.

How do you get this to actually work or is it a bug?

It copies the scene correctly. However, it doesn't copy the scene name, which you usually don't want anyway.

I'm not sure what step there is to miss. It's the same process as copying channels (which works fine) except you turn one more click to copy scene, select the from scene, which is scene 2, select the scene you copy too, scene 4, & hit enter or execute. I've done this at least 5 or 6 times & nothing copies at all.

I think my unit has a problem. After restarting it, this now works. It's also got the loud fan syndrome so I think I'm going to send it back to get checked out. That's all I need is a glitchy Axe to start wigging out on a gig!! Thanks for the help!

Keep in mind that it copies the settings but not the name. You can then copy/paste the name when you're storing the preset. Could that be your problem?

Keep in mind that it copies the settings but not the name. You can then copy/paste the name when you're storing the preset. Could that be your problem?

It wasn't copying anything until I restarted the Axe. It seems to be working for now. It was very obvious it wasn't working as the scene I was copying was a high gain, singing lead setting. All the other scenes are crystal clean. We'll see if it still works tomorrow.

Well, either there is an intermittent bug or my unit is defective. Today I tried scene copy again & this time it only copied the amp & cab settings. Everything else was ignored! Then I
tried it again & it finally copied the rest of the blocks but the levels were way down now. I hit edit on the amp block to see if the level had changed & without touching anything else, the level popped back up to where it should be. This is seriously messed up!!! Opening support ticket!!

Just to be sure (it should not matter), disconnect the MFC and try again?

Back
Top Bottom