How do you get a boost pedal going?!

So the axe fx is great and what not, it basically has everything. I use the FCB midi foot Controller and although it works great, how do I get a boost pedal going?

As any guitar player would do, you're about to play a solo or need to play a riff that needs to cut through so you hit the boost pedal stomp box to help your do that.

How do I get something like that set up through my Axe Fx and FCB midi foot controller?

Put a drive block in front of the amp block. Set one of your foot switches or expression pedals to MIDI CC#49 to turn the drive block on and off as needed. Sending a value between 64 and 127 turns the block on and sending a value between 0 and 63 turns if off. The rest of the default MIDI CC# assignments for the other blocks are in the manual.

You can also use a Filter or EQ block for a clean boost instead of a drive block. There's also the Boost parameter and input trim in the Amp block.

Yet another option is to use scenes to turn your boost on or off. Many ways to skin that cat.

Here's a YouTube video for setting up some basic Axe FX II stuff with the FCB1010:

Back
Top Bottom