How do you drop your pitch a half or whole step?

Drop tuning

I'm really looking forward to this digitech drop pedal.... In (finally) a normal pedal size.

I used the digitech drop pedal side by side the Axe-FxII. Night and day. I wish the fractal could do it that good. I wouldn't have to bring 3 guitars to every show.

I used the digitech drop and thought the fractal actually sounded more natural. Maybe the fractal had slightly more latency but it was minimal. But the drop pedal as well as the EHX pitchfork both gave a weird reverb like effect to the tone. I returned them immediately.
Try Simeon's drop tune preset with ADSR. Probably the best drop tune preset I've ever tried. I don't notice much latency at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird what i did find was that Axe FX II Drop Tuning did give that Reverb/Phase style of tone ,when i did compare that Axe FX II Pich Block to Original Digitech pedal side by side. Original Digitech did not give that Reverb/Phase for overall tone like Axe FX II Pitch Block did give ,but also if you use MONO feature for Axe FX II Pitch Block its fix little bit that Reverb/Phase issue.

I used the digitech drop and thought the fractal actually sounded more natural. Maybe the fractal had slightly more latency but it was minimal. But the drop pedal as well as the EHX pitchfork both gave a weird reverb like effect to the tone. I returned them immediately.
Try Simeon's drop tune preset with ADSR. Probably the best drop tune preset I've ever tried. I don't notice much latency at all

Digitech "The Drop". Saved the day when I had to play a song in Eb with open guitar voicings. You lose a bit of top-end but it does the polyphonic de-tune very well.

When you say "Try Simeon's drop tune preset with ADSR" could you send a link? I'm curious and would like to try it. I looked on axe exchange under Simeon's user name and didn't see a patch that looked like what you mentioned. The preset I made sounds ok for note riffs but it has some latency that drives me nutts. Also, for chords, it just sounds like a pissed off keyboard is talking over my strings. lol.

My morpheus droptune works well enough, but I hope to be able to drop another pedal and do it with the axe

When you say "Try Simeon's drop tune preset with ADSR" could you send a link? I'm curious and would like to try it. I looked on axe exchange under Simeon's user name and didn't see a patch that looked like what you mentioned. The preset I made sounds ok for note riffs but it has some latency that drives me nutts. Also, for chords, it just sounds like a pissed off keyboard is talking over my strings. lol.

I'd have to search for it. It was in his pitch block collection he posted a while back.

Back
Top Bottom