• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

How do you delete a block from the library?

scorch

Experienced
I used search, I went to the WIKI and I found nothing that tells me how to delete an unwanted block from the library.

I see it grayed out in the choice list but how do you get it to work?

It seems very non-intuitive to me how this is set up.

npx

Inspired
In Axe-Edit III, next to BLOCK LIBRARY there should be a downward facing arrow. Click on that and you should see options to Save, Save-As, Rename and Delete. Below those is Show Folder. This will open the folder on your computer where your blocks, preset templates and snapshots are stored. Open the blocks folder and navigate to the effect folder of your choice where you should find the blocks you have saved. Delete away. :)

scorch

Experienced
If your speaking of the library drop down that appears in the BLOCK tab, there is no down-pointing arrow. I see a delete option, but it is grayed-out.

How do you get the delete function to work?

npx

Inspired
Sorry, I missed the part where you said it was greyed out. On my system (OS X) the delete option is only greyed when there is nothing saved in the library for that particular block.

scorch

Experienced
Delete the file from Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Blocks.
OK, I found that and was able to delete it.

BUT. That begs the question...Why is there a delete field in the LIBRARY drop-down list but you can't enable it?

I got it to work one time a couple of months ago but I don't know what enabled it. I can't find any documentation on this function.

Tried the WIKI...tried the AXE EDIT II owners manual.

Nothing.

DavezHear

Inspired
You have to be able to select/apply the block first if you want to delete thru axe edit. If the block file is not compatible with the current firmware it may not let you select it (I'm guessing here). Then you have to use the operating system to remove it.

Top Bottom