How do you clear user slots?

mtmartin71

Experienced
Subject somes it up...because I can't name them, I lost track of what was in what slot and would just like to start over by clearing out those slots.

mtmartin71 said:
because I can't name them
Just making sure you haven't skipped over using the Down Arrow button when storing/saving a user patch, as that's how you move to the Name field.

What I usually do to clear out patches though, is head to the Editor. Otherwise, I just find a blank one and Store/Dial/Enter a bunch of times. I have a bank saved on my computer that is completely blank for mass-wiping. Also, I have another blank bank that has the names in every patch pre-written as "gp8C31ElevenChars00a" since, if I'm paying attention, that's how I name all of my patches... gp for "godprobe", 8 being the year, C being (in hex) the month, 31 being the day, ElevenChars for the name of the patch, 00 for major patch revision numbers, a for minor patch revision letters.

Naming patches while connected to the Editor is also super-convenient... much easier to type it in than to twist the knob.

Sorry...realized my post was unclear. I meant how do you clear the custom cab IRs out of the user slots in the cabinet section.

Thanks,

Matt

I think he's talking about User Cabs, not the patches.

Why is it necessary to clear them? Just overwrite them with whatever you want to put in there instead. If your problem was that you don't know what they were, you'll have to keep track of the new ones as you write them in anyway.

scarr said:

Why is it necessary to clear them? Just overwrite them with whatever you want to put in there instead. If your problem was that you don't know what they were, you'll have to keep track of the new ones as you write them in anyway.

Good point. I just wanted to start from scratch. Hopefully on a future update, we'll be able to label those user slots.

Thanks,

Matt

mtmartin71 said:
scarr said:

Good point. I just wanted to start from scratch. Hopefully on a future update, we'll be able to label those user slots.

Thanks,

Matt
Highly unlikely. As it is, the space used to store "User " 10 times over was optimized out of the code.

godprobe said:
scarr said:
D'oh! :oops: That'll (probably not) teach me to pay attention to the forum section I'm replying in....
I thought that was why you responded the way you did. ;)

Who's senile now! Mwah ha ha haaaaaaaa! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom