How do i take the harshness or the bite out?

Are you using the bright switch in the Amp block? Try to turn it off. Lots of people cut the bright capacitor on the real amp for making it to take overdrive pedals better.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet. This may be a case of 'Mic'd Tone' versus the 'Cab in the room' Tone? (Assuming it's not Cab block 'Low' and 'High' cut issues)

You are listening to what a Mic'd cab would sound like, not what a traditional cab would sound like sitting next to you.

Also, since adding the drive block is causing the excess highs? Try lowering the Treble parameter and/or the Tone control in the drive block?

I love my Ax8... But i am trying to warm up the sound and get rid of the harshness if that makes sense... Its not the treble ... The sound, sounds harsh to my ears... Im trying to get a warm sound less harshness and bite... I am am running the deluxe verb amp... The clean is great the distorted and lead sounds seem bitey... Ive tried turning adjusting treble, and done various eq-ing... Nothing is seeming to work... Im finding alot of the amps sound seem to have that bite... Can anyone offer me some ideas to try...
Thanks

What are you playing through? Through power amp and speaker, FRFR speakers, etc?

I would make use of the X Y switching and use a different amp and cab, I mean you have a boat load of amps and cabs! make use of them and don't be chained to a traditional rig mentality. There are far better amps in the Ax8 that work for that natural warm distortion sound.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom