How do I set up an external Tap Tempo to an MFC 101??? Help!

Joe Feloni

I am wondering how to set up an external tap tempo to my MFC 101. Do I connect to the switch 3&4 or Expression pedal input? Then what next? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
Joe

Use a "momentary" external switch.
Connect to XS 1&2 input.

On MFC set XS1 to TypHDW, CC 14.

Set ON value to 127. Set OFF value to NONE.

Set XS2 to NONE.

Check if the switch by tapping it and looking watching the MIDI LED on the Axe-Fx light up.

Stumbled across this while trying to add an FS-7 to my MFC-101 and AXE-FX 2. I have the FS-7 connected with a TRS-TRS cable to the Expression 3&4 on the back of the MFC-101 and made the adjustment Yek mentions to send CC #14 for XS4. It is changing the tap tempo when I step on the pedal, but it seems like it's doubling or tripling the tempo I'm tapping out. Does this regardless the setting on the switches on the side of the FS-7 for Momentary or Latching. Thoughts ?

Stumbled across this while trying to add an FS-7 to my MFC-101 and AXE-FX 2. I have the FS-7 connected with a TRS-TRS cable to the Expression 3&4 on the back of the MFC-101 and made the adjustment Yek mentions to send CC #14 for XS4. It is changing the tap tempo when I step on the pedal, but it seems like it's doubling or tripling the tempo I'm tapping out. Does this regardless the setting on the switches on the side of the FS-7 for Momentary or Latching. Thoughts ?
Are you setting it to send ON and OFF values for that button? For tap, you want the OFF set to NONE I think.

It's been a while since I used one...

Back
Top Bottom