How do I set F3 as a looper?

APE

Inspired
I read in the manual, §4 FunctIon switches, the configuration option to set F3 as a looper. How do I do this?

I have AX8-Edit.

Instructions on pg 24 said:
Press SETUP, select the Global Menu by pressing footswitch 1, and turn to the FUNCTIONS page.
I assumed SETUP is the STORE button and pressed it. Next, I pressed footswitch 1. And then I was lost.

Properly defined algorithms are defined as one step per step. This is three steps for step 1 and the third step of step 1 is where I got lost.
Instructions on pg 24 said:
Select one of the available F-Switches using the E/NAV knob. Assign a function using the A knob.
Press EXIT two times when you’re done.
Who's on Skype?

In AX8, Footswitches button, Function button, F3 Tap > Looper Control.

Then Save.

Now how do I use that F3 as a looper?

Just in case.... have you put a looper block in your preset? The looper is not global, and need to be put into the signal chain. (But if you use the same settings in your different presets, it will still work across presets).

Sorry if this is just stating the obvious :)

Assigning the 'Looper control' to an F switch will allow you to open the the looper control panel using that switch but it will not allow you to start/stop the looper record/playback function. This is a known deficiency and afaik at the moment the only other way to control the looper playback is through an external switch attached to the pedal inputs and programmed to invoke a MIDI command.

Back
Top Bottom