How do I re amp a guitar track in my DAW?

Okay so I record my Axe fx 2 via the SPDIF output from it into the SPDIF input of my Avid M box. I just record the guitars onto mono tracks, then pan them accordingly. My question is though, how do I re amp something? I haven't really messes around with my Axe fx much, so I'm kind of confused.

For example, say I have a distorted guitar track, but i want to add some chorus to that. Instead of using a plug in, say I like the chorus better through the axe fx, and I want to re amp that distorted guitar track through the Axe fx with chorus on. How would I go about doing that? And would I just want to make a patch with just the chorus and nothing else? I have no clue what inputs or outputs I have to change for this.

Right, I don't know if I can help you then. I got a Mac recently so that I could do this, easily.

What you may want to try is this.
Switch the MAIN INPUT SOURCE parameter of the I/O:AUDIO menu (p. 135) to USB. This means that your sound will come down the USB bypass the ADA and straight onto the FX grid.

I know that the MAIN INPUT SOURCE has a SPDIF option as well; however, I know that the USB system works for me.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom