How do I override the current amp channel when switching scenes?

Skinvoyager

Newbie question here:

I have the Axe Fx 3 and FC-12. I have a preset with the FC-12 controlling four scenes on the top row, and four amp channels on the bottom row. The amp channels are basically clean, edge, crunch and heavy.

Now let's say I go to scene 1, which has the crunch amp channel. Then I use the FC-12 to change the amp channel to my clean amp. Now I jump to scene 2, which has the heavy amp. When I go back to scene 1, the clean amp is still selected, even though the scene was saved with the crunch amp.

Is there anyway to make it so that in my example, scene 1 reverts to the crunch amp channel even after I have independently changed the amp channel to clean? In other words, I want scene 1 to ALWAYS default instantly back to my crunch amp, regardless of whether or not I switched amp channels manually. I tried scene revert, but that doesn't work.

Thanks!

I tried that initially. It kinda works; kinda doesn't. I may have found a bug?

Here's my scenario in more detail: I have a preset with one amp block using all four channels. A = Clean, B = Edge, C = Crunch, D = Heavy.

On my FC-12, I have four buttons on the bottom row to correspond with each of those four amp channels. I also have four buttons on the top row to select scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4. All of these scenes were saved with amp channel C.

So with scene revert turned ON, here's what happens:

I load the preset, which defaults to scene 1 (again, with amp channel C). I press the button which directly selects amp channel A. Obviously the amp channel switches to A as expected.

Now, I press the button to activate scene 2, which has amp channel C. Everything works as expected. If I go back and press the button to activate scene 1 again, amp channel C is loaded and not amp channel A. It would appear the problem is solved.

HOWEVER,

Let's say I load the preset. Scene 1 is active with amp channel C. Once again, I press the button to directly select amp channel A. But this time, instead of selecting scene 2, I hit the button for scene 1 (which is currently active and lit on the FC-12). This time, amp channel C does not load, rather amp channel A remains on. To make things worse, if I now select scenes 2, 3 or 4 (which all use amp C), they ALL now are using amp A. The only way I can get out of this situation is to manually select amp channel C with the button on the FC-12 or reload the preset.

But this time, instead of selecting scene 2, I hit the button for scene 1 (which is currently active and lit on the FC-12). This time, amp channel C does not load, rather amp channel A remains on. To make things worse, if I now select scenes 2, 3 or 4 (which all use amp C), they ALL now are using amp A. The only way I can get out of this situation is to manually select amp channel C with the button on the FC-12 or reload the preset.
the part i made bold sounds new to me. this could be a bug. it should definitely change to what was saved as the Scene is changing with Revert on.

i'm not sure if pressing the same Scene switch actually sends a new Scene command to the Axe forcing it to reload as saved. that may not be a feature. i'll experiment to see if i can recreate this behavior.

the part i made bold sounds new to me. this could be a bug. it should definitely change to what was saved as the Scene is changing with Revert on.

i'm not sure if pressing the same Scene switch actually sends a new Scene command to the Axe forcing it to reload as saved. that may not be a feature. i'll experiment to see if i can recreate this behavior.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom