How do I move an entire row of blocks to a new preset?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
How do I copy an entire block row and move it to another preset? I have IN-2 row going to Out-2 I'd like to move to another preset. Can I do this? This is for two guitar players using the same preset.

Individual blocks can be copied/pasted. But I don't think you can do that with an entire row of blocks.

How do I copy an entire block row and move it to another preset? I have IN-2 row going to Out-2 I'd like to move to another preset. Can I do this? This is for two guitar players using the same preset.
No way to do it... There is no way to copy more than 1 block at a time. Can't do it on Axe Fx II, either.

I have said this before but scene copy and paste would be a huge capability to add.
Hello there, ican I bust in with something similar? In this application I am using the hardware.

When I copy then paste a scene from one scene to another (inside the same preset) the amps settings stay married to each other. i.e. I copy and paste scene #1 to scene #4. This works perfectly. Problem is, afterwards, when I go back to adjust any of the amp settings on scene #1, then save, the machine automatically saves the adjusted settings of scene#1 to scene#4??

I tried this a dozen times with different presets and different combinations of scenes. The result were always the same.

Can I do what I need to do on the hardware and or Axe Edit?

Thank you guys, Im pulling my freakin' hair out over here!!

Hello there, ican I bust in with something similar? In this application I am using the hardware.

When I copy then paste a scene from one scene to another (inside the same preset) the amps settings stay married to each other. i.e. I copy and paste scene #1 to scene #4. This works perfectly. Problem is, afterwards, when I go back to adjust any of the amp settings on scene #1, then save, the machine automatically saves the adjusted settings of scene#1 to scene#4??

I tried this a dozen times with different presets and different combinations of scenes. The result were always the same.

Because it's a copy of scene 1, including the amp channel. You also need to change or copy the amp channel to a new channel on scene 4 to have the amps be independent of each other. Same goes for all blocks on a scene that gets copied.

Because it's a copy of scene 1, including the amp channel. You also need to change or copy the amp channel to a new channel on scene 4 to have the amps be independent of each other. Same goes for all blocks on a scene that gets copied.
Can you tell me how to do that or were in the manual it tells me how?? Thank you very much. Totally appreciate this!!

....I think I see it in the manual. Sounds a little confusing, but maybe it will make sense when I get in front of the unit...

....I think I see it in the manual. Sounds a little confusing, but maybe it will make sense when I get in front of the unit...
If you are using the Axe front panel, it's similar to copying scenes,

TO COPY ONE SCENE TO ANOTHER…
The Tools page of the Layout menu contains a tool to copy one scene to another. (not including the scene name). This works within a single preset; you can’t copy a scene from one preset to another.
1. Navigate to the Tools page of the Layout menu (grid).
2. Turn the VALUE wheel until “COPY SCENE” is shown on the display.
3. Use the D knob to select the scene you want to copy from. Scene numbers are shown above the knob.
4. Use the E knob to select the location you want to copy to. You can also choose to copy one scene to “ALL”.
5. Press ENTER or the on-screen EXECUTE button (Push-knob C) and the copy operation is completed.
6. Test your preset and remember to STORE to make the changes permanent.

TO COPY A CHANNEL…
The Tools page of the Layout menu (“grid”) provides a utility to copy one Channel to another. This works within a single block only; you can’t copy a Channel from one block to another, or from one preset to another.
1. Navigate to the Tools page of the Layout menu (grid).
2. Turn the VALUE wheel until “COPY CHANNEL” is shown on the display.
3. Use the D knob to select the scene you want to copy from. Channel letters are shown above the knobs.
4. Use the E knob to select the location you want to copy to.
5. Press ENTER or the on-screen EXECUTE button (Push-knob C) to complete the copy.

Do I understand that?
"000 59 Bassguy Scene 2 Cranked Block", can I copy it to "002 Brownface Scene 2"?
Because this "Copy" program is worth nothing!
A big zero!
For me in the "copy" program, it's important to be able to copy good blocks.
Because I did a lot of experimenting with copying.
But I never did what I wanted.
I thought I was an idiot, and I did not get it!
Otherwise, the AXA-Fx FW: 1.19-beta editing program is weak!
Because on the computer, I can not do many things I can do in the device myself.
For example, the "LAYOUT"
Why can not I use the "LAYOUT" feature on my computer?
But to make good!
I really like the Fracta FX-III!

Do I understand that?
"000 59 Bassguy Scene 2 Cranked Block", can I copy it to "002 Brownface Scene 2"?
Because this "Copy" program is worth nothing!
A big zero!
For me in the "copy" program, it's important to be able to copy good blocks.
Because I did a lot of experimenting with copying.
But I never did what I wanted.
I thought I was an idiot, and I did not get it!
Otherwise, the AXA-Fx FW: 1.19-beta editing program is weak!
Because on the computer, I can not do many things I can do in the device myself.
For example, the "LAYOUT"
Why can not I use the "LAYOUT" feature on my computer?
But to make good!
I really like the Fracta FX-III!
As mentioned, a scene is relative only to on and off states of blocks within a single preset. You cannot copy a scene from one preset to another, because those things are unrelated.

You can copy blocks either within or between presets, 1 block at a time. That's how it works... That's how it also works on the other Fractal devices.

What are you referring to by "layout"?

You can also use the block library or global blocks to simplify some of this stuff.

A scene is only the on and off states of blocks in a preset. How is that related to this request?

One way would be to only copy the blocks that are on and only the current channel. Of course you could allow for manly options. Also swapping scenes and copy/paste multiple blocks. It would all help to remove the repetitive tasks of making a preset

Scenes are only Block On/Off and Channel.

if you keep the same channel and adjust it, then the same channel keeps the adjustments you made.

you probably want to copy the Scene, then change the channel on the Amp if you want a different amp for that Scene.

"Blank Copy"
Using other devices, I thought the "Block Copy" feature is a simple case. - Roland VG-99
Unfortunately not!
I thought it would not be a problem for such an expensive device.
No problem.
Sorry if my post was strong.
But I'm waiting!
If this problem is solved.
But if not, it is no problem either.
Because I'm getting better acquainted with the beauty of the editing operation.

Last edited:
Scenes are only Block On/Off and Channel.

if you keep the same channel and adjust it, then the same channel keeps the adjustments you made.
Got this and thank you bro!!
you probably want to copy the Scene, then change the channel on the Amp if you want a different amp for that Scene.

Back
Top Bottom