How do I make delay & reverb spillover when changing presets or scenes?

Royalty

I went into the FM3 and I set it to spillover on Both Reverb & Delay but when I switch scenes or presets it just cuts off. Any tips on how to do this easily. And is it different for presets and scenes? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It has to spill in to the same effect type.....for instance a Hall reverb preset will not spill over to a Spring reverb preset ......same for delay.
Has to be the same type of effect.

The 'Spillover' setting only pertains to switching between presets. A Reverb and/or Delay block needs to be in the new preset for spillover to work. And it should be the same model type for the best results. There will still be a gap as the new preset is loading.

Spillover between scenes is a bit different. The 'Bypass' type is very important, especially if the block is turning 'off' in the new scene. It generally should be set to 'Mute Fx In' when in series, and 'Mute In' when in parallel (with a 100% mix). It is best if the Delay and/or Reverb block doesn't change model types/channels for the best results, for the same reasons as when switching between presets. As the information in the effect processor 'que' will be carried over into the new channel/model, with it's different settings, which can cause some strange anomalies.

If I really need a very different Delay in a particular scene, I use a second Delay block, if CPU permits. This also allows the two different delays to spillover each other between the scenes, when the bypass types are set correctly.

Last edited:
Spillover between scenes is a bit different. The 'Bypass' type is very important, especially if the block is turning 'off' in the new scene. It generally should be set to 'Mute Fx In' when in series, and 'Mute In' when in parallel (with a 100% mix). It is best if the Delay and/or Reverb block doesn't change model types/channels for the best results, for the same reasons as when switching between presets. As the information in the effect processor 'que' will be carried over into the new channel/model, with it's different settings, which can cause some strange anomalies.
OK , so you are saying it's better to get spillover using scenes. Tell me if this is correct. So I have a lead sound with delay. if I want it to spillover when changing the scene to another scene, the scene I'm going to must have the exact same delay block to carry it over. OK if that is correct, are the settings on the delay block supposed to be the same? I hope not because when I dial in a crunch sound I usually have a bit of reverb on it with no delay. SO IF I PUT THE SAME DELAY on my crunch sound does the delay times and feedback have to match. I hope not. Or do I just put the same delay with different delay time and feedback settings?

I'm confused about how to do this:The 'Bypass' type is very important, especially if the block is turning 'off' in the new scene. It generally should be set to 'Mute Fx In' when in series, and 'Mute In' when in parallel (with a 100% mix). It is best if the Delay and/or Reverb block doesn't change model types/channels for the best results

A preset is a virtual rig. The eight available scenes of that rig are just the on-off states and channel selections of the blocks currently in that preset / rig. On your lead scene, have the delay block on. On your Rhythm scene, have that delay block off.

The preset should have all of the blocks needed for the scenes you intend to create within that preset.

When you change scenes, the new scene already has the exact same delay as the last scene did. Because all eight scenes in the preset have the exact same blocks. :)

Thanks Mike, I figured it out. I went to Bypass and changed it to Mute FX IN and it worked perfectly. And I had the exact delay in my crunch rhythm patch there but it is off and it works great. Spills right over with no cutting out. love it.

Back
Top Bottom