How do I load a fasBundle in my FM3?

Mats Nermark

Inspired
I want to try Leon Todd's fx but they are in a format (fasBundle) that my FM3 does NOT recognize.
How do I deal with this?

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats, I just did this with my AXE3 and I already forget.:eek: I put Leon's Marshall bundle(preset w/ it's cab) in the 3. I believe I just dragged it into the open Preset Tool, where you can load up any preset(s). It allowed me to straight overwrite the current preset and it's user cab position or pick where I wanted either of them. I believe it defaults to whatever preset number you are currently on, so be careful not to overwrite something you want to keep.
Try that, I believe I fumbled my way into it.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it didn't work. :D

I tried a number of things and when I dragged the preset from Finder onto the preset name, it loaded. For some reason it loaded to the same preset number where it was originally stored by the person who created the preset, so like you said, caution when saving is advised.

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats, I figured it out. Go to the Preset TAB, not the Preset Tool as I was mistaken about. Import the bundle from its PC location and this window pops up.
The pink PICK button is what allows you to overwrite any preset and Cab location of your choosing. This is how it works on a Axe3. I assume it is the same on a FM3.

Bundle import.PNG

I'm not sure, but if they are not compatible, does Fractool convert them to FM3 as a bundle, or will it allow you to separate the content? A question for those more knowledgeable.

Then we can look forward to this, eh?

giphy.gif

Mats, I just did this with my AXE3 and I already forget.:eek: I put Leon's Marshall bundle(preset w/ it's cab) in the 3. I believe I just dragged it into the open Preset Tool, where you can load up any preset(s). It allowed me to straight overwrite the current preset and it's user cab position or pick where I wanted either of them. I believe it defaults to whatever preset number you are currently on, so be careful not to overwrite something you want to keep.
Try that, I believe I fumbled my way into it.
Fumbling my way into it...the way I learn everything on my FM3...then I act like I unlocked the Rosetta Stone of Fractal!

Back
Top Bottom