How Do I Have a Preset that has the same Amp on Scene 1&2, and have a different amp on scene 3?

Royalty

Here is exactly what I am trying to achieve.
1. I want the Steve Stevens Atomic Playboy Preset on Scene 1 in its Stock setting that is labeled "MAIN"
2. On Scene 2 I want the same"Atomic Playboy" preset with the "MICRO BOOST DRIVE" on for a lead sound with "Analog Stereo Delay" & I want this preset to be 3-5 DB louder than scene 1.
3. I want the SHIVER amp for a clean sound on scene 3 for a totally clean sound with a bit of delay and reverb.

I want this set up on a 3 button Scene that goes from 1-3 so I can use this setup until my FC-12 comes. I already got number one & 2 done, but I don't know how to get a different amp on scene.

Can you guys help me figure out how to do this?

A fool proof way to do it (albeit a bit robotic and at times redundant) is use channel A on all blocks for Scene 1, channel B on all blocks for Scene 2, etc. Then you can have it any way you want it

OK , I got my SCENE 1 and SCENE 2 in place. Now I need to get the SHIVER AMP with the settings I already made on my SHIVER Preset number 407 onto Channel B scene 3 exactly as I have it on 407. I don't want to edit it again. I have it where I like it for my clean sound.

How do I get my preset number 407 to go into my preset 474 Scene 3 (channel B). When this is done all 3 settings will be on Preset 474 if that helps.
Can you guys give me a step by step order of how to now get my SHIVER amp that is already tweaked to the destination scene 3?

I tried to do it but it's not going in

I'd first do a snap shot of it and it will always be in your fractal folder, go up to presets on top left of fm edit and save to another preset and choose 474

I'd first do a snap shot of it and it will always be in your fractal folder, go up to presets on top left of fm edit and save to another preset and choose 474
I tried that and it overwrites my Atomic Playboy Preset . All I wasn't to do is have my tweaked Shiva preset that is on 407 put onto preset 474 Scene 3. When I do what you said my Atomic Playboy preset is taken out.

A fool proof way to do it (albeit a bit robotic and at times redundant) is use channel A on all blocks for Scene 1, channel B on all blocks for Scene 2, etc. Then you can have it any way you want it
Not really... It's overly complex and only allows for 4 distinct scenes.

Using a different channel of a given block only on scenes that require it is a much better approach.

When all else fails, Just use your cellphone to take pics of the settings and then go to the preset you want and make the changes from the settings in your phone pics.

Wow, this is finicky getting what I need. Well like I said before, I have Scene 1&2 good the way I like it. Scene 1 is my Atomic Playboy Crunch Chords sound stock like I downloaded it.
Scene 2 is my Atomic Playboy lead sound with the Micro Boost Drive and Analog Stereo Delay & the small plate reverb, and a volume boost from using "volpan". I tried the GEQ & couldn't figure that out. When I boosted THE VOLUME on GEQ I DID'T HEAR ANY LEVEL BOOST AT ALL. Then after doing all that When I changed scenes my delay level was the same on my lead channel as my clean channel. So I tried doing this: My Crunch & lead sound are on Scene 1&2 Channel A. My clean Shiva with reverb, Delay and a drop of chorus are on Scene 3 Channel C. But what I noticed was the only way to get this right was to have every block related to the Shiva Clean on Channel C. Example: Amp on C, Cab on C, Delay on C, Reverb on C, VOLPAN on C , Input on C, Output on C. Then I saved it . If even just one Shiva Clean Block was on any other Channel it would do something that I was not trying to do. Anyway I got it where I want it now using headphones. Now I hope the levels of the 3 scenes are good together. I got a New Years Eve gig outdoors and I'll try It out. One thing that is playin with my head is after I did all that and got it where I wanted it , Iwent to the 3 separate presets that I made of the exact same amps but I put them on 405, 406 & 407. When I compared the sounds I had on 3 separate presets the presets sounded fatter and bigger to me than the same sounds in Scenes. maybe I'm ear fatigued but it really seemed different to me comparing the exact same preset with one in a Scene and one as a stand alone preset. I lied the preset sound better. Am I goin nuts? Strange , the preset just sounded bigger and larger. I'll put it away for the night and listen tomorrow.

Please post the preset or at least screenshots, this sounds confusing and against anything I experienced using Fractal products.
As for your GEQ: is it located after the Amp Block? Elsewise you are boosting the signal into the Alp, which will just result in more gain.

Wow, this is finicky getting what I need.
No, you just haven’t learned it yet. Finicky is when bad software makes things inconsistent to the point of unreliability, or where any mistake results in the entire thing not working.
Oculus Rift S is a good example. Every time I go to use that something different happens to make me troubleshoot for two hours like yesterday.

Thought you were trying to move the the whole preset after you had tweaked it ,to another location like Unix-guy said copy and paste it , or make an amp block and you will always have that. Don’t forget to read the manual 😉

If you use FM3Edit, and it works the same as AxeEdit, you can pull up your Shiva preset that you like, go to the amp block, and choose 'copy current channel to clipboard' from the channel context menu. Then go to the preset you are building, switch to the desired scene for the Shiva, go to the amp block, switch away from the channel(s) you have already set up for the other two scenes, and choose 'paste from clipboard to current channel' and you have it. Works the same for any block channel, and the clipboard (at least in the AxeEdit) is intelligent enough not to let you paste a channel from the wrong type into the block....
Screen%20Shot%202020-12-27%20at%2012.40.24%20AM.png

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom