How do I get this clean sound?

cgraci

Inspired
Hey people can someone point me in the right direction in getting this tone? i know its a real amp he's using but his axe fx usually sounds like this. I SUCK AT CLEAN TONES!!!!!!!

In the comments it says he is plugged into a Mark IV with no fx. So if you got close with USA clean, I would keep tweaking that. The difference you are hearing could be the different pickups. What guitar and pickups are you using?

If there are no effects then where does the reverb come from?

It sound to me like a large room reverb, plus a little chorus.

Having said that, I'm sure a lot of the sound it down to that particular guitar. He does mention how bright it is

Ton of that is coming from two non-amp areas.
(1) As has been said - It's the pickups and how they are wired. Piezo?? Listen to how different it sounds when he switches the pickup selector at 2:15.
(2) It's Tosin man. Those fingers (both hands) are magically talented, dynamic, his varied playing technique is constant.
You can get here with USA Clean, or the Shiva Clean (probably several other as well - Try the Lonestar ?? - Twin ?? ) but you will need more than the amp in the equation.
Compression setting come into getting this type of sound as well.

Keep working on it - but you might need a different guitar, or pickup and wiring mods to nail it.

I don't have anything to record with so I can't post. Sold most my stuff bc of grad school. I did see
The piezo thing but have no idea what that means. I have compression too. He's def using effects bc u can totally here the reverb.

I use two diff guitars one is bareknuckle neck aftermath and the other which sounds Better is in my 7 sevenstring. It's a liquifire

I don't have anything to record with so I can't post. Sold most my stuff bc of grad school. I did see
The piezo thing but have no idea what that means. I have compression too. He's def using effects bc u can totally here the reverb.

iphone or android phone that does video? free audacity with axe-fx ii usb interface? webcam on a computer?

honestly that sounds like a basic clean amp tone with reverb and some chorus. possibly compression up front.

what what aspects are missing from your tone? is your distorted and his is "cleaner"?

iphone or android phone that does video? free audacity with axe-fx ii usb interface? webcam on a computer?

honestly that sounds like a basic clean amp tone with reverb and some chorus. possibly compression up front.

what what aspects are missing from your tone? is your distorted and his is "cleaner"?
I just can't get that snappyness without clipping:disgust:
I'm disgusted with mycleans.

I'll be honest with you. It sounds like you can get that tone. If so y don't you try and let me know how to do it.
I challenge you!

Sounds like the camera mic is also picking up the acoustic sound of his fingers and picks hitting the strings... that will also change your perception of the sound...

I'll be honest with you. It sounds like you can get that tone. If so y don't you try and let me know how to do it.
I challenge you!

i'll be honest with you too. it doesn't matter if i can get it. you don't have my guitar and my speakers and you don't play how i play.

if we hear what you currently have, we can make suggestions based off of that to get you closer.

you finally mentioned something - snappyness. now we have a little clue as to what you feel you are lacking. i think much of that snappyness is coming from the camera mic and hearing the "acoustics" from the guitar itself. he stated in the video that the piezo doesn't have a volume, but he clearly did NOT have the piezo engaged the entire time. most of the beginning of the video is just electric it seems. electric from the amp and then the strings from the camera mic.

try a studio compressor before the amp with a ratio of 3 or 4, threshold maybe like -40 or -50.

--
i just don't understand how people can ask for help, yet at the same time can't be bothered to give any information or examples that lets people help them. it happens all the time and makes it just impossible. instead all they do is say "no that's not it" or "prove that you know what you're talking about."

Last edited:
Its the piezo giving the sound that sort of electric/ acoustic vibe. I would think it has to do with the fixed piezo levels from the guitar. Heard him say the was no volume control on his particular guitar. But to me it sounds like the key to this sound relies heavily on the piezo pick ups and individual levels to a very clean amplifier.

Back
Top Bottom