How do I download someone's posted block?

tonyi

Inspired
I've read all the posts and WIKI online about downloading posted blocks but I still can't figure it out. I'm supposed to have a folder to download it to. Where is it?

I found the folder. Dragged a few block into the folder. Now how do I get them into the Blocks Library? Someone told me to click on the "+" but that just gives me a message that says "save". If I click save it saves the current block into the folder?

each block goes into it's own folder based on effect type. save a test block using the effect type you want to use by clicking on the little plus. just save it as "test". then go to the blocks folder and drop the block you downloaded into the new folder that's been created that contains the "test" block. restart axe edit. click on the dropdown next to the plus sign and you should see it

each block goes into it's own folder based on effect type. save a test block using the effect type you want to use by clicking on the little plus. just save it as "test". then go to the blocks folder and drop the block you downloaded into the new folder that's been created that contains the "test" block. restart axe edit. click on the dropdown next to the plus sign and you should see it

Everyday I find out something new!

Love this forum :)

You can also just drop the block file in the general \Blocks folder.
AE moves the block file to the correct folder when it launches.

one cool little shortcut is to right-click anywhere on the grid (where you want to place a block) and then in the popup menu, you can see all the blocks you have saved in your library and drop the effect with those settings straight into the grid. someone really needs to do a vid all about the blocks library. it's very cool and a lot of people don't seem to know much about it

Back
Top Bottom