How do I do this on MFC for boost?

trs1470

Hi folks,

I read Yek's post about how to get a global boost on the MFC, which says:

"Or try this solution (global boost), which doesn't require any extra blocks (Matt's idea):
Set the CC of an IA switch on the MFC to that of OUT1 VOLUME. Set the OFF value to (for example) "111" (unboosted level) and set the ON value to "127" (boosted level)."

I tried this, and it didn't work. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I set the IA to Volume1 (which I assume is the same as Out1 Volume. I then tried setting off to 111 on two different pages, but neither of them caused the boost to work. Any suggestions or more specific instructions on how to do this? FWIW, I do use an expression pedal for volume, so maybe there is a conflict with that.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I read Yek's post about how to get a global boost on the MFC, which says:

"Or try this solution (global boost), which doesn't require any extra blocks (Matt's idea):
Set the CC of an IA switch on the MFC to that of OUT1 VOLUME. Set the OFF value to (for example) "111" (unboosted level) and set the ON value to "127" (boosted level)."

I tried this, and it didn't work. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I set the IA to Volume1 (which I assume is the same as Out1 Volume. I then tried setting off to 111 on two different pages, but neither of them caused the boost to work. Any suggestions or more specific instructions on how to do this? FWIW, I do use an expression pedal for volume, so maybe there is a conflict with that.

Thanks

Did you set your IA-switch to NONE?

The steps are:

Set an IA SWITCH to "NONE"
Set its CC# to that of OUT1 VOLUME
Set the OFF value to (for example) "111" (the unboosted level)
Set the ON value to (for example) "127" (the boosted level)

Read carefully the MFC-101 manual chapter 5.2 (General Use IA Switches).

Good luck.

Theres a million different ways to get a "boost". Just depends on how you want to do it. Some set their heel position volume pedal as rhythm and toe to be the solo, so you get a clean sweep up. I like having a second dedicated preset for louder lead tones, although I may put in one like yek for my patches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom