How do I distinguish two FM3's in FM3-Edit?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I have two FM3s. The other one is for backup and a bass rig. But I want to load a bunch of bass presets in one and not the other. Is there some place I name them differently or are they distinguished by serial number? I plugged in #2 and it shows the presets in #1.

Create a New User (profile) on your Mac.......
User Profile? You mean logging out and back in under a new account? Naw, that's way too much trouble. I think refreshing makes more sense unless I still don't understand what you're saying.

I have two FM3s. The other one is for backup and a bass rig. But I want to load a bunch of bass presets in one and not the other. Is there some place I name them differently or are they distinguished by serial number? I plugged in #2 and it shows the presets in #1.
You could create 2 separate directories (one for each device) and then change the paths using the settings->preferences->workspace entry.

User Profile? You mean logging out and back in under a new account? Naw, that's way too much trouble. I think refreshing makes more sense unless I still don't understand what you're saying.
Thats what I mean yes....Imac has hot switching....it just takes a second.

Thats what I mean yes....Imac has hot switching....it just takes a second.
Yeah, I got it. It doesn't take long but no. I have DAWs running and all kinds of apps going. To log out and log into another account just to use FM3 Edit seems excessive. But I could have it on a networked computer or virtual machine. That still seems excessive. I'm on a new Mac Pro.

Back
Top Bottom