How do I color code presets on FM3?

mstarlin

In the Presets menu on FM3 Edit there is an option to filter by preset color. But I cannot find a way to assign a color to a preset. Only to a footswitch. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to color code my presets for specific guitars.

In FM3-Edit, open the Preset Picker, right click a preset, and select the color. If you want to change multiple presets select the M button. The color assigned only applies in the Edit app, not on the front-panel.

Colors assigned to foot-switches only apply to the foot-switch itself and are assigned in the FC Edit window.

Last edited:
In FM3-Edit, open the Preset Picker, right click a preset, and select the color. If you want to change multiple presets select the M button. The color assigned only applies in the Edit app, not on the front-panel.

Colors assigned to foot-switches only apply to the foot-switch itself and are assigned in the FC Edit window.
Thanks, Greg. I am using a Mac, so control-click did the trick. I am new to Fractal, so I appreciate the help!
It would be nice if they added the colors to the hardware unit labels. But for now I just add "Tele" or "Les Paul" or "GB10" to the preset name. 🙂

It would be nice if they added the colors to the hardware unit labels.
I think it'd be good for them to supply consistent color choices for the switch rings and presets in the Preset Picker, then make it possible to have the modeler pick up the color of the presets, but the problem is, the editor's color assignments in the picker are stored locally, in a preference file, not on the modeler, so it doesn't have access to the definitions.

The .syx format and internal storage of the presets could be changed allowing that information to be stored internally, but only FAS knows what sort of havoc that'd play with the memory allocation. The second question is whether it'd be a high enough priority to justify the work.

You are probably correct. It probably would not be worth the effort. Titles are enough for most people. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom