How do I change a user IR's name?

Gamedojo

Power User
I feel dumb... How do I change the name of one of my cabs? Axe-manage isn't available yet, and I can't figure out what to do on the front panel.

I know when you make an IR capture, you can name it then...but later, how do you go back and change its name without saving over it and messing with the capture?

What about with Fractal-Bot? If you create a back-up file of the IR on your computer/change the name of the file/then reload it into that user cab slot on the Axe-Fx - Would it then show the changed name, or would it still be the same?

The file name is not identical to the IR name.

Tyler, Axe-Manage will let you rename IRs. Due soon.

The file name is not identical to the IR name.

Yeah, I realized it was very unlikely that changing the file's name would change the name of the IR after I posted that (I really need to stop posting right after I have woken up :roll).

AFAIK AOMDSP (free DL @ Ownhammer) while no longer compatible for sending IR mixes to Axe-FX II, does have a rename IR function. You might give that a try.

There's something about the file structure of a .syx IR file that has the original IR embedded within the sysex data.

You can change the name that your computer's file system will see and use, but the Axe will still see the original IR name that was originally baked into the .syx file.

That's why you need something like Cab Lab or AOMDSP to completely change the IR name in a way that the Axe will recognize.

Back
Top Bottom