How do I assign a new effect to Mfc 101

Jackp

Inspired
Hello guys
Say I just created a new preset In the AxFx XL + with Amp , cab , delay , reverb blocks
My mfc 101 doesn't turn the delay off and on how do I assign the delay on the ax fx so the mfc recognizes it. The IA Switches are assigned correctly on mfc 101.
I've watched Chris setting up Mfc IA switches tutorial
Thanks

Did you store the preset then recall it again via MFC? New blocks won't appear for Axe-FX mode IAs until you do this.

Hello guys
Say I just created a new preset In the AxFx XL + with Amp , cab , delay , reverb blocks
My mfc 101 doesn't turn the delay off and on how do I assign the delay on the ax fx so the mfc recognizes it. The IA Switches are assigned correctly on mfc 101.
I've watched Chris setting up Mfc IA switches tutorial
Thanks
So you assigned a switch for delay1 on the MFC and it does not turn off delay1 in the Axe?
Or do you use delay2 in the preset?

Last edited:
Yes Delay 1 the Mfc IA switch led is on green off red but it doesn't turn the delay on or off on the ax fx display
Within the preset block its self

Yes Delay 1 the Mfc IA switch led is on green off red but it doesn't turn the delay on or off on the ax fx display
Within the preset block its self
Does the MfC delay switching work with other e.g. factory presets?

Last edited:
is it not turning the effect on and off or not changing the visible status of the block in Edit?

It's not turning it off or changing the visible status

1) Does the button on the MFC update properly when you switch presets on the MFC. For example, if you go to a preset with Delay 1 on, is the button green. If you go to a preset with Delay 1 off is it red? If you go to a preset without a Delay 1 block, is the light off?

2) If you go to I/O -> CTRL on the Axe FX unit, is the Delay 1 CC set to 47 or something else?
-
Austin

1) Does the button on the MFC update properly when you switch presets on the MFC. For example, if you go to a preset with Delay 1 on, is the button green. If you go to a preset with Delay 1 off is it red? If you go to a preset without a Delay 1 block, is the light off?

2) If you go to I/O -> CTRL on the Axe FX unit, is the Delay 1 CC set to 47 or something else?
-
Austin
Yes Austin it is set too 47
I did a parameter reset and a factory reset on the MFC 101 Mark 3 then reinstalled the MFC firmware update its all working
Ive noticed that all the effects in the I/O control page ,it says Byp then the CC# like the Delay 1 you mention says Delay 1 BYP 47

Yes Austin it is set too 47
I did a parameter reset and a factory reset on the MFC 101 Mark 3 then reinstalled the MFC firmware update its all working
Ive noticed that all the effects in the I/O control page ,it says Byp then the CC# like the Delay 1 you mention says Delay 1 BYP 47

That makes sense, because those are the IA's that bypass/unbypass the blocks. Unlike other IA's that change the X/Y status.
-
Austin

I have a question since I'm new to axe fx only having it for 6 weeks without the MFC 101 foot controller..

My question is this:
If I have a chain of effects on bypass while having just my amp and cab always on, would I be able to activate 1 effect or as many at a time with the MFC?

Basically, what I'm imagining is having all desired effects on my preset bypassed and imagining that through MFC could turn on m the chorus, delay much like me tap dancing with real pedals.

Is that what the MFC can do for me? I fear that I would have to created serverall presets copying my amp tone and switching from preset 1 to 2 or 3 and 4 eto line older line 6 stuff.

Yes. You can use up to 17 switches to control effects like stomp-boxes. And you can use Scenes and you can use controllers. IA Switches (akin to stomp-boxes) are global - they control only one effect each (by default) and it is always the same effect they each control, regardless of which preset is loaded. That's the simple answer. But wait! There's more! If you ... (need to learn a bunch about MFC-101 and Axe-Fx to do other stuff).

Yep - it can do that no problem.

You probably see the term 'IA' mentioned a lot around here - that's 'Instant Access' switches - so you can set up a preset on the AxeFX with your base amp and cab and add all your FX blocks - you obviously never will want to turn off (or Bypass in AxeFX terms) your amp or cab block in the MFC - but all your other FX blocks in that preset grid can have their Bypass mode switched on or off at will via the 'IA' switches on the MFC. You set up the MFC switches to access each FX type

You can save some tap dancing and go further and set up Scenes on the AxeFX that bypass/turn on multiple FX blocks and then use the MFC to switch scenes (you can hit the Reveal switch on the MFC and it will at default settings convert the bottom row of switches to a hidden set that can control 5 scenes without much faffing about)

So a fairly common setup on the MFC would be you have presets sorted into 5 per Bank and these 5 presets are accessed via the bottom row of switches - so you select your preset - then hit reveal and you have access to the 5 scenes you might have in that preset. You also still have 'IA' control of any FX blocks bypass states during any scene - so if a scene turns on a delay by default you can still use an IA switch to turn that delay off or on without changing to another scene.

Well ..... bottom line is 'yes' is answer to your question!

Thank you all very much. So the IA switches are the buttons on the MIC that are numbered in the rows? I did see the reveal button that your talking about.

Also, would I need to purchase that access thingy for 29.99 for the MFC? Or will axe edit be enough.

Wow.... this is awesome. So what do I need to buy to be able to start everything you just mentioned. M
A MFC-101 and your choice of connecting cable (MIDI, Cat5 ethernet cable or XLR mic cable) .....

Thank you all very much. So the IA switches are the buttons on the MIC that are numbered in the rows? I did see the reveal button that your talking about.

Also, would I need to purchase that access thingy for 29.99 for the MFC? Or will axe edit be enough.

Yes any or all the switches/buttons can be set up as Instant Access (bypassing/unbypassing something on the AxeFX preset)

'access thingy'?? :) MFC-Edit? Well ..... maybe not just straight away until you get your head wrapped round the MFC (MFC-Edit is actually the creation of 'bwanagary' who answered your query above ..... so I'm treading carefully here lol).

What version of Axe-FX have you got?

A MFC-101 and your choice of connecting cable (MIDI, Cat5 ethernet cable or XLR mic cable) .....

Yes any or all the switches/buttons can be set up as Instant Access (bypassing/unbypassing something on the AxeFX preset)

'access thingy'?? :) MFC-Edit? Well ..... maybe not just straight away until you get your head wrapped round the MFC (MFC-Edit is actually the creation of 'bwanagary' who answered your query above ..... so I'm treading carefully here lol).

What version of Axe-FX have you got?
I have the original Axe FX II. MFC edit is correct. I wasn't sure if it's just a convenient thing or it has something I'll need that I can't do without

But to answer your question, I have the axe fx II

It took me a month to find a good tone. I'm so happy with my tone. I am using a Bogner (Euro Uberschall) with the tone stack JVM (basically a Marshall)

That with a compressor, drive and some EQ in the global setting. Uhhhh my tone is Beast. I used to use a PEQ for mid boost since I scoop them on the amps but it got to complicated so I took it off..

I went off topic lol, srry I just love axe fx man. I sold all my gear to get this and I don't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom