How do I add a Roland synth effect?

Hi Axe users.

I have an Larivee acoustic with a Roland Synth and a taped on GR-33 pickup. It works great for adding a synth pad that holds underneath and synth pad chord changes with the chords on the acoustic.

I would like to do away with the the roland synth and pickup but can't figure out how to achieve the same effect on the AXE only. Have any of you attempted this and how do i do it? I know how to add a synth. It's a pad effect that holds and changes with the chords that i am looking for.

Thanks in advance
Sean

The Axe-Fx Synth block is monophonic. It won't track chords like the GR.

the roland synth products are dedicated fully guitar synths. the axe series doesn't include a full guitar synth in their amp modeling products.

True but one synth has three voices and can play a chord. Fremen, Simeon and others made patches with each scene holding a different chords.
but it doesn't get polyphonic input from a GK pickup. that's what he was communicating.

Yes. I watched those Fremen videos and that's super cool. However, I was hoping not to have to change chords with my foot. The GK with Roland follows my chord changes.

Yes. I watched those Fremen videos and that's super cool. However, I was hoping not to have to change chords with my foot. The GK with Roland follows my chord changes.
yup, because that's the main design feature of the Roland Synth, why it has a special pickup. very unique.

Connect the Roland Synth to Input-2 of the Axe-FX and process the signal through some blocks (delays, reverbs, modulation, shimmer...). You will have the best of both worlds!

But the Fishman is a guitar-to-midi converter. That is a different animal than the guitar synths or the v-guitar that manipulate the waveform of the original guitar signal (either coming from a hex or a standard pickup)

I’ve never used the Axon, but I’ve owned the Fishman Triple Play, the Roland GR-55, and the Boss SY-300. The tracking on the Fishman and Roland is far from perfect. Tracking on the SY-300 was superior to both of those products. As companies improve the synth engines in these boxes (sy-1, sy-300, synth9, etc), I believe that technology will take over and surpass the guitar-to-midi approach — especially if companies add a midi out to their pedals like the sy-300 and sy-1 (that’s the obvious next step for these types of guitar synths).

Anyway, my 2¢ based on prior experience with these products.

yeah, i did look at that. their vids and info are so bad, i literally couldn't figure out what it does.
From what I gathered without watching their vids, you connect the pickup to your iOS device and use pitch to Midi to control apps.

Seems pretty much limited to home/studio use...

Back
Top Bottom