How could I do this (sidechain activated by pitch)?

I read that there was a patch that had different levels of gain depending on the pitch (as in, more gain on lower notes, less gain on higher notes). I want to build an acoustic guitar patch that would have a fixed harmonizer kick in on notes below the open D string. Is this even possible? Where do I start? Am I screwed because I only have a Standard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

screamtone said:
I read that there was a patch that had different levels of gain depending on the pitch (as in, more gain on lower notes, less gain on higher notes). I want to build an acoustic guitar patch that would have a fixed harmonizer kick in on notes below the open D string. Is this even possible? Where do I start? Am I screwed because I only have a Standard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't think you can do this without a hex pickup since there obviously isn't a strict correlation between pitch and string.

The open-D string has a frequency of 146.83 Hz (A-440, standard tuning).

You might be able to do this with a split path, headed by FILTER block in low-pass shelf mode, that sent the lower notes to a PITCH block.

There's probably other (and better!) ways to do this.

You are correct with a hex pickup or piezo pickup and the axon mkII, which is a guitar to synth device that aloud you to split neck of your guitar into groups you could allocate four separate synth sounds to each section, plus you could give each string its only synth/ acoustic guitar bass guitar sounds. I had one for a short time, but after a \while of playing with i decided id rather have a wireless set up for my guitar when i found out you couldnt transmit 13 pin midi wirelessly.

xrist04 said:

You might be able to do this with a split path, headed by FILTER block in low-pass shelf mode, that sent the lower notes to a PITCH block.

I think this could work for what I'm trying to do. I'll give it a try and report back. I'm not really trying to make it sound like I have a bass player, just looking to fatten things up for one song with some overtones.

screamtone said:
xrist04 said:

I think this could work for what I'm trying to do. I'll give it a try and report back. I'm not really trying to make it sound like I have a bass player, just looking to fatten things up for one song with some overtones.

You can attach pitch as a modifier source to either the bypass parameter or tie to the in gain (for a gradual inclusion)

You just need to set the start, middle, and end to the right points.

On the bypass it engages at 50% so you would need to set the curve so that the D is 50%.

Probably would work very well polyphonically though

Back
Top Bottom