How convert .wav files to IR cab files for Fractal Axe FX III

DFauvre

Inspired
Ok, I've read the instructions, doesn't work. I have Axe-Edit III and Cab Lab 3. Neither will accept a .wav file. I've tried adding the .wav files (they are from two different companies that make cab packs for fractal) I've tried going to Tools>Manage Cabs and navigated to the .wav files, they are greyed out. I've tried importing the .wav files into CabLab 3, doesn't work either. Please advise!!! Thanks!

Cab Lab will definitely do this. In fact, it's pretty much the only supported capability of Cab Lab Lite.

For Axe Manage Cabs I think it only works via drag and drop... But I've never used that.

Using the cab manager screen in Axe Edit, drag and drop or open the folder in the browser pane on the left. If you don't see the browser pane, I think there's a button or hotkey that opens it. From there you can drag and drop into the cab banks and it'll convert.

You can also drop a WAV file directly on the IR field in the Cab block.
Not sure what I'm missing but I can't seem to import .wav IR's by dropping in the IR field in the Cab Block. Also can't drop them into Cab Manage.

Any clues to help me?

You can also drop a WAV file directly on the IR field in the Cab block.
I never knew that was an option. When I couldn't drop them into a free cab management slot just assumed I had to convert to SYX.

Last edited:
this is not working for me on one particular IR which loads on Helix but not FM3. Dropping it into the user slot results in an error saying you need to drop it into the browser pane and when I browser for it in the folder I get a message saying 0 cabs found.

Back
Top Bottom