How connect Apogee Duet (v1) to Macbook Pro

bufon63

Inspired
My Imac is being serviced so I finally decided to set up the Macbook Pro for recording the Ultra. The interface is an Apogee Duet (not the latest, it's V1). However the cables don't match up. I believe the output of the Duet is a Firewire 400 and there don't appear to be any Firewire inputs on the Macbook Pro. So, do I need a Firewire to USB cable?? Do they exist? Sorry, if this is a dumb-ass question :( Macbook Pro version details below. Any help appreciated and many thanks in advance. :)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

I have the old duet too w macbook pro, it should come with a firewire 400 to 800 adapter. if you havent got one you should be able to pick one up from your local music store

BK you're a goddamn hero as always! Are these above cables supposed to come with the Duet do you know? Bless you man.

If you bought it new within the last year or so it should have one. If it was used or older than that probably not. If you did buy it new recently, you might try giving Apogee a call to see if they will send you one.

Back
Top Bottom