How come that every speaker I play amp or modeler thru it very bright?

NizarOdeh85

Inspired
Hello folks,

A bedroom rocker here who play various guitars via FM3 thru ADAM A77X speakers :)

What I aim to hear in my bedroom a sound like This, big, deep and warm!

I have tried tons of guitars, amps and cabs in that room and never managed to achieve it. Why? There is this top end "8K Hz or more" that is always present in my sound, regardless of what guitar, amp or speaker I use!

Today I tried something very interesting on the ADAM A77X :) I put a small blanket on the speakers and went to the amp sim on FM3, and almost cut the full frequencies above 8K Hz...and wow! I found myself the closest ever to the video I shared above!!!

Any explanation of what is going on? :veryconfused:

Try using the high cut in the Cab block. I've never had a need to high cut the amp block and the Cab is the typical place to do that.

Probably should look into some room treatment to help with excess high frequencies.

Most people complain about having "blanket over my speakers" sound. You have literally the opposite :D

probably don't need the blanket. just work with the high cuts in the Amp and Cab block, or adjust the Global EQ to cut high end.

When I run into something that is too bright for me the first place I go is the cab block and adjust the high cut as unix-guy posted above. I usually end up adjusting somewhere between 6k and 8k. I also noticed that excessive brightness used to happen more frequently in the past. It has been tamed quite a bit with the last few firmware releases.

Depending on the size of your room, I would suggest that those Adam A77x are far too large. If the room is not treated I suggest that is a good place to start, otherwise your speakers and room will lie too you. Other than that, in the cab block sweep the LPF (hi cut) to find where it sounds right to you, experiment with it set to somewhere between 5Khz and 8Khz. HPF (low cut), upwards to find the sweet spot and reduce low end rumble, eg. between 80-150hz may be higher.

Back
Top Bottom