How can the FC12 orders be greater than expected???

I’m sure lots of people said they’d take either, or aren’t sure, and ended up buying the 12

Your not obligated to buy a 6 if you said you wanted a 6, your allowed to switch to the 12

I know I said I’d be potentially interested in either but when I get the chance I’m getting a 12

There was no hard commitment in the waiting list email. When you get your chance you buy you can pick either. Or both. Which means minds can be changed from whatever was said in the email.

There is a waiting list and we all designated what we wanted. What am I missing here?
Sounds like more people ordered the FC-12 than the FC-6. There was no way to know that until invites went out and orders came in.

Last edited:
When I first signed there was no requirement to pick a model. Because the functionality was explained at the time I didn’t specify.

No I am waiting for the FC-8.

I suggested this earlier. With new-model launches, guesstimating customer demand and take-rates is predicting the future. If skilled at accurately predicting the future, then better and more lucrative opportunities await.

If guessing percentages, then there is a 1% chance of being precisely correct.

Buying-customers, early on the wishlist, have opted for the FC12.

I’m almost positive, that the wishlist notice asked people to list their likely preference. It also said that it wasn’t binding.

Please correct me, if any of this is incorrect. I have jet lag.

[Reposting from another thread]: When I signed up in December the site said (and still says) "To join the waitlist, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject “Wait List Request – FC” or just click the button at right." https://www.fractalaudio.com/waitlist/. I clicked on the button to the right. It generated an email to Fractal that had the subject "Wait List Request Axe-Fx III." I wasn't asked to specify a model. And now that I look at it again, it doesn't even say "FC."

IMO Fractal's only weakness is how they build and release their products. They can do whatever they want, and they do. But I think a better system could be implemented. Why are Axe Fx III's still on sale? Did they make too many? Are people not buying because the FC's were not available?

Not making the MFC101 backwards compatible, was not a great move IMO. It has been a PITA to program that thing and it works, but I do not want to change a thing until the FC comes because I barely have the thing doing what I want. Most would buy the FC when they were released because of the windows and the ability to assign IA's wherever you want. I don't think it would have hurt their FC sales. But in the meantime having the MFC work like it did before with the Axe Fx II would have been a nice gesture.

Is what it is and I love Fractal, but after being with them for 12 years and owning all their products(in addition to helping a slew of folks in their decision to buy these units)I wish they would rethink their product releases.

It would be cool to know a general ETA(days or weeks out) on a new shipmint. FAS has given estimates in the past with the III and other products.... Just the comfort in knowing, you know....:wink::grinning:

I am planning on Buying the axe-fx III and FC-12 but will wait until the FC-12 is available...not sure how much longer but it will be great
I am also going to pick up 2 expression pedals so I have volume/wha/ expression control
any other suggestions? what monitoring setup do you suggest? I am using two Mackie monitors for now

I love Fractal. I currently have a II a III and an 8, and before that I had an Ultra. I've turned on other people to the company. The customer service in the sense of the constant updates and quick bug fixes is truly phenomenal. However, and I know some people will simply not brook any criticism of them, the way they deal with product releases is lousy, particularly when it comes to COMMUNICATION with their loyal customer base. The "soon" thing isn't funny. The FC launch has been a debacle. Would it kill the company to just make a full disclosure of the causes for various delays and the best current estimates of the timing? Does that really give away some state secret or competitive advantage and even if so does that outweigh doing it as a courtesy to the loyal customer bases of these high-end expensive products? Yes, I know that you can use the unit without the FC, but it's a PITA and sub-optimal. What bugs me is that anyone expressing any displeasure is tagged as a "whiner" or "entitled." I haven't been waiting as long as most for the FC--I only bought my III when it was on sale in December, in part because I thought the FC's were around the corner. But seeing the "clock" move like 15 minutes in a month with little or no explanation is frustrating. I'm sure I'll get flamed and yes, Cliff is a genius whose dedication to the product is amazing and appreciated. But my issue with the company for years now has been the lack of communication--or grudging, cryptic nature of any communications-- about timing of product availability. It's worth it for the amazing products, but I wish it were better.

I am planning on Buying the axe-fx III and FC-12 but will wait until the FC-12 is available...not sure how much longer but it will be great
I am also going to pick up 2 expression pedals so I have volume/wha/ expression control
any other suggestions? what monitoring setup do you suggest? I am using two Mackie monitors for now

The Axe Fx III is so amazing, you'll love it. I'd get the Boss FV500 pedals as they are all metal and work like a charm. Never any issues. As for monitors I highly recommend Xitone.

I love Fractal. I currently have a II a III and an 8, and before that I had an Ultra. I've turned on other people to the company. The customer service in the sense of the constant updates and quick bug fixes is truly phenomenal. However, and I know some people will simply not brook any criticism of them, the way they deal with product releases is lousy, particularly when it comes to COMMUNICATION with their loyal customer base. The "soon" thing isn't funny. The FC launch has been a debacle. Would it kill the company to just make a full disclosure of the causes for various delays and the best current estimates of the timing? Does that really give away some state secret or competitive advantage and even if so does that outweigh doing it as a courtesy to the loyal customer bases of these high-end expensive products? Yes, I know that you can use the unit without the FC, but it's a PITA and sub-optimal. What bugs me is that anyone expressing any displeasure is tagged as a "whiner" or "entitled." I haven't been waiting as long as most for the FC--I only bought my III when it was on sale in December, in part because I thought the FC's were around the corner. But seeing the "clock" move like 15 minutes in a month with little or no explanation is frustrating. I'm sure I'll get flamed and yes, Cliff is a genius whose dedication to the product is amazing and appreciated. But my issue with the company for years now has been the lack of communication--or grudging, cryptic nature of any communications-- about timing of product availability. It's worth it for the amazing products, but I wish it were better.
Yeah I feel ya. Trying to be patient, after all it’s just a thing right? But for me, the FC rollout is made worse by the lack of support for the MFC. I know you can technically still use it, but my favorite features: power over FASlink, tuner display, total sync, IA states, looper reveal... gone. They even removed the power adapter pass through on the back of the Axe for powering the pedal over 7pin midi.
Granted, I don’t know what the technical limitations were to support the old product while implementing their new protocol, but to the layman (see: me) it looks like an Apple type move to force sales of the new foot pedal. This is made worse by the pedal being unavailable to most.
I think that 60-70% of the waiting game anxiety amongst people would be non existent if the MFC were better supported, and I believe they would have sold more Axe IIIs by this point as well.
Still, this is my favorite company in the world, and I trust them more than to really think that it’s a big cash grab. Still frustrating though.

Basically everyone that has gotten their FC loves it and how easy it is to program, how customizable it is, how it’s worth every penny etc.

With great things comes a wait, at least when they are new.

The II was hard to get at first, then it was pretty much readily available for years.

Before to long the FC’s will be readily stocked. A new buyer will add one to their cart along with a III, it will ship, they will miss UPS the fist day and be mad, then they will finally get it, plug it in and love it.

It’s only the folks that want the latest and greatest and want it as soon as it comes out that have to deal with waiting, but that is how it is for most products.

People used to sleep on the ground outside Apple stores to get the newest phones. Then after a few months, you can go to any store and buy one, no waiting. Just how it works with anything really.

Maybe FAS just builds it too good. Maybe if the price was way higher, or it had fewer features etc demand would be really low.

Charge $3999 for a III, $1499 for a FC, and I bet a whole lot fewer folks would be in line lol

But they don’t, they charge a fair price, offer an amazing product, and sadly everyone seems to want one.

I see the same compliants about pedals too. Guys mad they have to wait 9 months for a King of Tone, and how they don’t want to do business with a company that won’t take their money for a product faster but they can’t walk away because they want it...

I mean, we are all free to teach FAS a “lesson” and not buy a FC.

Can’t get it to market in time? Not transparent enough, didn’t respect the official waitlist ?

Take your business elsewhere. Enough people feel the same, it will be a huge financial flop, Cliff will have to sell off his boat, and FAS will learn by golly....

But how many people are getting out of line? I know I’m not. We can complain up and down, day after day, but we all know the moment we get an invite we are buying one, no?

As such, FAS doesn’t really need to change anything they are doing, because the ultimate metric of business success, sales and demand, are off the charts

Back
Top Bottom