How can I stop the Layout from changing ?

tommyh

Inspired
Ive been doing shows and what happens around twice per show is the Layout changes ; I always use the scence layout ,however when i'm switching between scenes ,sometimes it goes to a different layout such as effects layout ; In order to get back to scenes layout ,i must manually bend over and turn layout knob ; NG ! (when performing ); How can i stop this from happening ? Thank You

It won't change layouts by itself. You must have a switch somewhere with a layout link you don't expect.

I had the same thing a while back. 99% of the time I'm on a pair of custom layouts that work together and link to each other, but every once in a while I'd find myself somehow on another one. I went through the two I mean to be using in detail, and sure enough, one of them had a switch that mistakenly had a link to the wrong layout.

Fixed that, problem solved, hasn't happened since.

What's happening to you might seem like a bug, or some complex weirdness, but it's probably not. Much more likely it's happening because some switch is set up to do that. Go through them all, carefully, you'll find it.

I've definitely encountered the issue in unix-guy's link. For me it happens when using my tap tempo switch on one of my custom layouts. I'll be happily tapping along, then look down and notice I'm in a different layout! Have checked several times and this fsw should definitely not be changing layouts :cool:

When this has happened to me instead of bending down (you can't mid song!) I use the "heel-toe" (hold bottom right and top right buttons together) to switch to the Master layout and from there choose the layout I was at before the "glitch" happened. Takes a little bit of tap dancing but this way I can keep playing the current song without interruption.

Also make sure you don’t have any “Layout Links” attached to those certain switches on your Scenes Layout. I purposely have all my Scene switches Layout Linked to take me straight to the Effects Layout.

But if it’s only happening once in a while, it’s probably the glitch mentioned above. It’s annoying and I still haven’t seen anyone from Fractal address it as a known bug.

When this has happened to me instead of bending down (you can't mid song!) I use the "heel-toe" (hold bottom right and top right buttons together) to switch to the Master layout and from there choose the layout I was at before the "glitch" happened. Takes a little bit of tap dancing but this way I can keep playing the current song without interruption.
exactly what i do as well

I have the same problem. Definitely not hitting the two far right buttons at the same time!

I have buttons 5 and 6 configured as latching control switches. The involuntary switch to Layout 2 happens only (roughly every other practice, and I had it happen on my last show on Saturday) when I use those two. Never happens when I use switch 1-4 (which are used as Scene switchers). I do use buttons 5 and 6 a lot more than 1-4, not sure whether I can see it happen only on those because of the relative usage frequency.

I only use one layout and as far as I can tell I have no button intentionally configured to go to a different layout.

Anyone know whether this has been officially acknowledged as a bug yet?

1662600191774.png

I have the same problem. Definitely not hitting the two far right buttons at the same time!

I have buttons 5 and 6 configured as latching control switches. The involuntary switch to Layout 2 happens only (roughly every other practice, and I had it happen on my last show on Saturday) when I use those two. Never happens when I use switch 1-4 (which are used as Scene switchers). I do use buttons 5 and 6 a lot more than 1-4, not sure whether I can see it happen only on those because of the relative usage frequency.

I only use one layout and as far as I can tell I have no button intentionally configured to go to a different layout.

Anyone know whether this has been officially acknowledged as a bug yet?

View attachment 108018
In that screenshot on the right is a button Edit Links. If you click that, is anything set there?

I’ve never ever had my layouts change on any gear and I use them all often. It would seem something is set to change it.

Or potentially an errant command from the D knob that can change layouts on FM devices? I still think that’s unlikely and would look at Layout links first.

In that screenshot on the right is a button Edit Links. If you click that, is anything set there?

I’ve never ever had my layouts change on any gear and I use them all often. It would seem something is set to change it.

Or potentially an errant command from the D knob that can change layouts on FM devices? I still think that’s unlikely and would look at Layout links first.
Thanks for chiming in Chris, appreciate it.

I don't think there is anything configured under LAYOUT LINKS:

1662645990721.png

I just noticed it today too. I hit my button that activated the drive block. I saw all the other button screens change. I changed presets and came back to the same one and cant seem to reproduce it again. Something is definitely up with this

This screenshot shows Switch 1, when the issue seems to be from switch 5 or 6. No need for a screenshot, but please check switch 5 and 6 for the same thing.
Sorry about that! I tried it for all the buttons, and they are all not defined or configured, like in the first screenshot!

Happened 3 times at tonight's gig. Not always after hitting the same footswitch. First time was bottom right (my lead boost switch). Second time was 3rd switch on bottom row (my "Mas Bueno" dirt switch). Don't remember what triggered the 3rd one. It is always the Effects layout that is switches to so I'm considering copying my custom layout over it (I never use it!) and using that as my main layout. I know this isn't "fixing" the issue but it avoids the need for the tap dance to get back to my layout mid song. FWIW, I am using latest firmware.

Happened 3 times at tonight's gig. Not always after hitting the same footswitch. First time was bottom right (my lead boost switch). Second time was 3rd switch on bottom row (my "Mas Bueno" dirt switch). Don't remember what triggered the 3rd one. It is always the Effects layout that is switches to so I'm considering copying my custom layout over it (I never use it!) and using that as my main layout. I know this isn't "fixing" the issue but it avoids the need for the tap dance to get back to my layout mid song. FWIW, I am using latest firmware.
wow! i’ve never ever had this happen, and for it occur that often for you is strange and puzzling!

if there’s anyway you can export all Layouts and upload it here, we can look into anything causing it, or at least try to recreate it in testing.

very peculiar that it always went to the same wrong layout… i really want to figure this out haha.

there’s a “Layout” menu when you’re editing the footswitches in FM9-Edit, near the middle left and an option to export all layouts should be there.

Ive been doing shows and what happens around twice per show is the Layout changes ; I always use the scence layout ,however when i'm switching between scenes ,sometimes it goes to a different layout such as effects layout ; In order to get back to scenes layout ,i must manually bend over and turn layout knob ; NG ! (when performing ); How can i stop this from happening ? Thank You
Please use the Edit app, switch to the FC Edit panel, then export all layouts and attach them to your initial post. We can load them then and try to figure out the problem.

If you can describe the steps that recreate the problem consistently then that will help immensely.

It happened to me once at last night's gig. I know now how to quickly go back, so it's not the end of the world for me either.

It always goes to Layout 2 for me when it happens.

wow! i’ve never ever had this happen, and for it occur that often for you is strange and puzzling!

if there’s anyway you can export all Layouts and upload it here, we can look into anything causing it, or at least try to recreate it in testing.

very peculiar that it always went to the same wrong layout… i really want to figure this out haha.

there’s a “Layout” menu when you’re editing the footswitches in FM9-Edit, near the middle left and an option to export all layouts should be there.

Please use the Edit app, switch to the FC Edit panel, then export all layouts and attach them to your initial post. We can load them then and try to figure out the problem.

If you can describe the steps that recreate the problem consistently then that will help immensely.

This is happening to many people now and it’s completely random. It is definitely not a Layout Link. I know it hasn’t happened to you guys but it’s happening nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom