How can I setup my axefx2 to play through my interface?

Larcher

Inspired
Hey guys, I've tried to find a way to plug my axefx into my firestudio for a while and I just can't figure it out. I've tried plugging both the main outs 1 to go in where the mics/instruments are on the firestudio (in front) and there was no sound being transfered. Is this the right way to do it?

for those asking why I wish to do this is because I'd like to just have to turn on my axefx and be able to record/play through the firestudio to avoid unplugging my monitors and switching them every time.

I run mine from out 1 mono into an input on my daw, create a track assign the input of that track to the input I plugged my axe into, and I get signal right away. You have to make sure you use volume one on the axe to control your input volume in your daw. If that volume is turned down you won't have any signal going into your interface.

I do the same thing on my Focusrite 18i8.

I use two TRS cables from output 1 (both of them) of my Axe into two inputs in the back of my interface.

Works fine for me.

for those asking why I wish to do this is because I'd like to just have to turn on my axefx and be able to record/play through the firestudio to avoid unplugging my monitors and switching them every time.

I use the AES out on the Axe into my interface (MOTU 896mk3) and set the MOTU as the clock master. If you're going into a digital domain and your interface supports it, I think it makes sense to avoid needless D/A then A/D conversions.

From there, your DAW should show the interface as an input to be fed into a track.

Is your DAW monitoring that track?

Last edited:
I just use the SPDIF out into my audio interface's SPDIF in. That's the best way to go if your audio interface has an SPDIF input as there are no additional D/A and A/D conversions.

Back
Top Bottom