How can I record the AXE output to the same laptop

frankiev

Experienced
How can I record the AXE output to the same laptop thats connected to the AXE 2 by usb ? What programs would work and how do I set it ? What hardware do I need? Any help greatly appreciated

Any DAW. Reaper, cubase, Studio One, Garage Band, Logic etc etc... Recorded trough USB.

I have a more complicated question at this point . I have groove agent on my computer (tahts feeding the axe)and I know I can jam along to it and record both in reaper on one channel (output of axe fx )but is there a way to record the drums and guitar on seperate tracks . Also I sometimes jam with friends so If I use an external sound card to input a bass ,for example ,into my same laptop would that work as far as recording on a third track?

I have a more complicated question at this point . I have groove agent on my computer (tahts feeding the axe)and I know I can jam along to it and record both in reaper on one channel (output of axe fx )but is there a way to record the drums and guitar on seperate tracks . Also I sometimes jam with friends so If I use an external sound card to input a bass ,for example ,into my same laptop would that work as far as recording on a third track?

You would need a separate Audio Interface to record the guitar and drums on separate tracks, IF you are recording your guitar through the Axe at the same time. The mics on the drums will certainly need a separate Audio Interface/Mixer to record.

You can however record all that through your Axe (other than drums) but not at the same time and then use a Drumming loop program (I use EZ Drummer), but if you mean recording all that while your friends are playing with you at the same time, then yeah...through a mixer...etc.

I record bass through the Axe Fx 2 into Garageband via USB. You'd just need a more bass specific preset to do this. AxeChange has a few or you can create one on your own.

Ok I understand and thanks .. One question regarding the drums . The program Im using is groove agent which has preprogrammed loops and its on the same computer that Im using to record and control the axe . How can I record the drums to a seperate track? Its on the same computer so it dosnt need to go thru the axe but directly to reaper for recording . How do I get it there rather than thru the axe ?

Back
Top Bottom