How can I plug my tube amps into Axe to hear using headphones?

None taken....as a matter of fact this is what I thought about as well.

It's still interesting how this can be possible....

And I have admit, after getting the Axe III, I lost my "need" to buy any else...it's really all there.

It took me buying a load box and comparing my amps to the modeled versions through the same “cab block” and studio monitors before I was willing to sell my amps. Got rid of all pedals, amps, and cabs. Much happier now as I have zero desire to buy any other guitar gear, and it frees up cash for other guitars and stuff that helps my career: studio gear, plugins, etc.

Reactions: BBN
here is a video I made after tons of research and testing : It works the same with the AXE FX 3...
The Suhr reactive Load and Fractal have the BEST Speaker Impedance Curves which makes the Amp react / feel very natural...Torpedo NOT ;)

Marshall Silver Jubilee -> Suhr Reactive Load Box -> FM3 Cab IR + Post FX....

Absolutely no disrespect intended, but I’m semi-fascinated with this thread: wanting to play through tube amps late at night over headphones (IEMs, actually) was exactly what got me into Axe World to begin with. Pretty much all you seek can be done really well 100% “in the box”, and with Cygnus FW update I think the Axe3 sounds much better (and feels much better) than a load-boxed tube amp.
I tend to disagree a bit....I have used Fractal since the Ultra Days and it still misses something a real Tube amp does have......BUT only if you have done the test yourself instead of listening to comparison videos...then one can hear the tiniest details...In a band mix : I would be lost....;)

Check this out : And YES , this video test was done very fast without much tweaking to show how GOOD the Fractal Amp sounds.....after more tweaking you could get closer BUT some things can not be done IMHO.....but yeah "Better" is subjective.....as long as you sound good , we are all fine...Great TOOLS we have for both tube amps and 'digital' lovers....I am both !

I use my tube amps with a UA OX box and its incredible. Totally different sound and feel than my Axe3...
Im thinking about trying a X-Load LB-2 soon myself...
Ox Box here too. Excellent sound quality. You don’t even need a cab, just plug in your phones if that’s what you want, or you can do both… and more.

Its a great recording chain...I don't use the effects of the UA but they are good, I go from the OX into a Eventide H9000 for tonal bliss...
The effects are incredible, and micing options and room mics add so much range. It’s a bliss box, for sure.

Would love to hear some clips man with the H9000 !!!
Just brought up the H3000 microshift preset on the 9000 today, man its instant DLR Era Vai. Ever write something you HATE? Thats this latest thing I'm working on. About to go salvage some presets out of it and delete the folder. 1 cool part followed by 4 awful ones. And I mean awful lol.

Let’s all face it: great gear is great gear, and ALL of the “chains” described in this thread are absolutely top-drawer. Now if Fractal could accurately replicate that “I’m on the verge of blowing up” hot amp smell (with a tunable “bar beer on the floor” parameter) they’d have the market cornered…

One of my amps is a THD Univalve. It has a guitar-level output on the rear. I frequently run it into the front of the AxeIII, while at the same time running the speaker out to a 4x12 cab.
It works great, and I can mic and record the cab while also recording the cab sims.

here is a video I made after tons of research and testing : It works the same with the AXE FX 3...
The Suhr reactive Load and Fractal have the BEST Speaker Impedance Curves which makes the Amp react / feel very natural...Torpedo NOT ;)

Marshall Silver Jubilee -> Suhr Reactive Load Box -> FM3 Cab IR + Post FX....

Can you do this and still add more external effects pedal send/return with FM3 ? ie outboard reverb or something , thanks for the video helpful

Can you do this and still add more external effects pedal send/return with FM3 ? ie outboard reverb or something , thanks for the video helpful
Unfortunatly after the 4cm the FM3 is fully connected so no more left over in/outs……Axe 3 can do of course :)
It can be only done if you go with your guitar - amp- load box- FM3 ……. Than you can a set of in/ out left to add ext FX….

Back
Top Bottom