How can I make my high gain preset better?

Steveche

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Matrix FR212 (passive) and finally have some time to dial in some tones. My setup is Axe Fx II > Matrx GT1000FX > Matrix FR212 passive cab. I have cab sims and power amp modelling on. My previous setup was the same except through an Orange PPC212.

From reading this forum I'm starting to tweak with some settings in the amp and cab blocks that I haven't touched before, but it's still new to me. I'm able to dial in some nice clean tones, but really struggling with getting a high gain tone that sounds great. For cabs, I'm switching between Mesa and Orange cabs from the ML Sounds Misha Mansoor cab pack.

I've attached the preset I'm working on here. Do you guys mind having a look/ listen at it and providing some feedback on how I can improve it? Or tweak it and send it back (noting any changes)? That would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Even though I made this preset for the FR212, I just tried it through my HS8's and it sounds quite a bit better.. sounds less artificial/boxy/boomy. Why is that?

Attachments

• testing high gain tones 2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom