"How can I help?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

After a new member shows up here, I often get a message like the one I just got:

"Serious gratitude, Fractal, for making this incredible piece of gear that changed my life as a 30+ year guitar player ... All I want to know is how can I help?"

While I personally answer these messages and emails, I thought I'd also post the answer to this most common question, since I am sure there are also many who have wondered but never asked.

The answer is simple. The way that you can help is to continue to SPREAD THE WORD. Word of mouth is the most valuable resource that we can create.

1. Post links, especially on other forums, pages, and sites. (Or re-tell Fractal Forum stories in your own words.) Spread the word about product improvements, new artists, or cool media posted here.

2. Create content. Banish stage-fright or modesty and get on YouTube, SoundCloud, or anywhere else. Then, post it far and wide.

3. Get out there. Talk to people at gigs, jams, music stores, classes, etc. Invite someone to plug their guitar into your rig. Because we don't sell in stores, this is a huge help. Post the story online.

And that's it... more simple than it seems maybe. Spreading the word drives new business, which means more new firmware, better software, new products, etc.

We all play a part. It begins with great products and a commitment to constant improvement, but it is energized by loyal customers who share in our vested interests. And because of that, my answer to the question "How can I help?" always begins with, "THANK YOU. You already have!"

Last edited:
I've been doing just that for years. I've taken my rig to a number of small festivals for bands and people to try out. One sound guy said that it was the easiest stage rig that he'd ever set up. And it sounded amazing too.

Great post Matt. It is easy to brag on the Fractal. Every time I play out I get comments and questions about my tone. Many comments from other guitarists. I always take the time to show my rig, walking them through the FX-II and the MFC-101. Most are surprised when they find no amp. I always end the rig tour with the same comment. "You may be a 'tube amp' person, but if my rig sounded like another crappy modeler to you, why are you here looking at it"? I wonder how anyone can play an FX and NOT rave about it.

I've converted several of my tube only elitest studio buddies to the magic black box. FAS gives us so much all the time for free that I had to help them win a few more over!

This is how I was exposed and ultimately decided to buy my Ultra which led to the II once it was released. The videos by Mark Day and Pete Thorn especially convinced me of the power in this little box.

It was Keitel Strand who sold me in the Ultra. Can't imagine life with my magic black box now. I'm like a meth head now.

Always tweaking :)

It was Keitel Strand who sold me in the Ultra. Can't imagine life with my magic black box now. I'm like a meth head now.

Always tweaking :)

Same here. Watched Keitel's vids and was amazed at how many great sounds he was getting (not to mention great playing). Not so sure about the meth Fabio, although I meth with the knobs all the time. I'm thinking more like crack. I call my FX the Cractal, well... because it is.

I'll tell you one other way to help is go over to harmony central or rig talk and bring some sensible talk to their hating on Fractal for no valid reason except. I've done this in person and online.

IMO its the price point that scares most people away from ever wanting to own one.They like myself(before I became an ax owner)feel that a pod hd or boss unit will do just fine for them.@ 3/3 less the price.What they dont know is how it feels when you play it.Yea there are many youtube vids on getting this sound(insert artist) and this amp sounds like the real thing and what not.But they are REALLY missing out because its a personal thing that needs to be physically experience to see feel and hear what fractal has created.Just my two cents....

I've owned mine since July and already convinced a coworker to buy one (last month), and have just about convinced by other buddy at work to pull the trigger, too!

It is hard not to be an evangelist for this great tool :)

It's not an amp modeler. For me it's an imagination tool, an evening evaporator, an inspiration generator. I keep coming home from work intending to do other things after I plug in for a bit. Then I look up at the clock after exploring some sonic landscapes and I realize that I'm really tired and it's time to go to bed.

So far I'm really, really happy with my purchase.

Pretty much from month 2 I have been a FAS fan... yes I sold the first Standard and went back to a tube head but shortly after realized the error of this thinking and bought another Standard and put my self on the list for an Ultra. I have been telling the tale ever sense, some listen and some don't but when they plug in the laughter stops and the chin scratching begins.

M@ is right, the greatest advertising method is by word of mouth and converting a fan into a fanatic is the best way to do that. I would bet that everyone on this board is a fanatic.

Last edited:
I have played with Pat travers, Joe Lynn turner Glenn Hughes Rare Earth and opened for more bands than I can count have played small clubs to large stadiums all over, have had every amp I ever wanted( 69 plexi,,59 fender tweed pro I still have them amazing amps) Mesa Boogie, DR Z ect all that matters to all of the Amazing Muscians I have been blessed to play with Its all about tone! Doesn't matter where it comes from or what amp Great tone is Great tone .I have seen players in other bands that use fractal ,Blown away is a Understatement! . Im waiting for my 1st Fractal (AX8 ):)
and for the first time in my life Im not going to be using tube amps racks of effects and pedals for my sound! Its a great time in history to be a guitar player thank you Fractal for all you do to make great Gear for us guitar Players Fractal Tone in a Box!

Yup, word of mouth and a personal demo from my friend got me to buy my Ultra and then the AF2. Then the two of us convinced another friend to buy an Ultra and he just upgraded to an AF2 xl. Now the three of us are working on another mutual friend and he's the best guitarist among all of us. When he starts playing out with it, he'll really turn a lot of heads.

I've been promoting the axefx2 for a year to every musician I met :D

Long story short : I'm a Dream Theater fan who bought a Mark V in 2010 in France at full imported price, never gigged with it outside my studio because of weight and fear of breaking it. Never went past 1,5 main volume...Complete stupidity from me.
Sold it to buy the axefx2xl+ (couldn't afford the MFC, still have no controller), in order to play at my wedding, and since that, I'm a multiple satisfied man haha.

In France, the two issues are :
-The price : Around 4000$ for the axe + MFC, it's not the kind of budget of a non pro here :D
-The technology : I wouldn't say that we are late and not trusting what didn't proved 30 years of satisfaction, but that's what made me buy an amp rather than the axe. JP used it in the loop of his amp for effect, so I didn't trust the amp simulation (must have been an ooooold FW).
Last may, I watched a lot of reviews and tests, eliminated all other products, saw Periphery live, and went for it.
It's very hard to convince my guitar mates to go modelling since they only know what came to france (too old or too unknown).

Today, on the french forums, the axefx is known as THE warmachine, people is more asking themselves "do I need it ?", and the AX8 is the perfect answer for people searching a mid solution.

FAS is about great choices, service, and now a solid reputation overseas.

Cliff, I made myself this very question but didn´t PM you...

So I´m doing it now publicly: I´ve started to translate the user manual into portuguese (the retailers seem not to offer it and I concluded it doesn´t exist). Is this of any help to you? if so, I´ll continue, if not, I´ll stop as the manual is very big and I´m at 25% of the job done :)

Spreading the word to increase awareness and sales can be a double edged sword.

I know lots of folks that are interested in the products, but are discouraged by the unavailability and limited sales sources. Many have opted for the Kemper or Helix since these days (in most cases) they can get them immediately from vendors like Sweetwater and alike. I initially wanted the Axe FX 2 several years ago but didnt want to wait several months+ before getting it. I came back a year later and was lucky enough to find there were a few in stock. So I think this could be a case of "be careful what you wish for". A lot more people wanting these products could be be good for sales (if they can be easily purchased) or bad PR (if people want them, but cant get them in a reasonable manner).

Last edited:
Hello to all.
Two Musicians have convinced me of product quality:
Mr. Keitel Strand - the first to have shown, the flexibility in all genres of music 360°, this is very nice ;)
Mr. Edo Scordo (Brik Floyd) - The second, in showing me live, that the sound I heard was true :cool:
In addition to the support received from G66/Ita :)
p.s.
I do not promote my image in the signature, but I give space to those who helps all "for free", to comprehend this product :D

Last edited:
I teach guitar for a living. Every day I get at least one person who wants to know more about that Black Box behind me! Even after gigging all week I bring it home and set it up. It's NEVER packed up and not plugged in... I've found that giving new students a crack at the axefx is really helpful These are people who are newer to guitar and guitar gear, but they are in the stores, catalogs, talking to others , etc...
Also, I think it helps to have your mfc pedalboard and rack looking organized and kind of pimped out. When other musicians, sound guys, audience members see a gloriously assembled pedalboard and a gorgeous and well-lit rack atop a custom-grilled cab they tend to go "whooooaaa!!"

Hello , I'm new in this forum so bare with me . I need a expression pedal besides EV-1 any recommendation? Thank you much.
Hi and welcome! You've asked a question in a thread that's not really related to the question being asked. It's better to start your own thread to ask a question. It's going to be buried in this thread and not noticed. Plus, it's considered bad etiquette to inject random questions in to threads like this. Threads should be about a singular topic, more or less.

Check out this thread that someone started yesterday asking for expression pedal recommendations. Lots of options discussed therein: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/best-expression-for-fx8.112078/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom