How can I have my Axe FX "ROARING"

Seems like everyone is throwing everything at you. :lol

Yes you're right but this is not a problem (there are not 36 pages on this thread). This is what I wanted. Thanks to everybody.
I have to test all this recipes and I'll give you feedback.

Essentially Cliff's secret to realistic cab sounds is exactly what I do with the Alloy IRs in real life. (assuming you run things in mono) Cliff's technique creates a small time difference between the IRs creating a phase. What I do is place two mics out of phase but not just randomly. I fine tune that phase distance and mic position to a place where the mics compliment each other perfectly with both the phase and position. (this takes a lot of time) It's actually very unlikely that you'll find these kinds of mic positions separately in an IR collection since on their own they might not sound that great. F.ex. I usually have one mic a bit brighter than I'd normally have and the other a bit darker than I'd normally have but together they give me the... thing that I want. :)

Essentially Cliff's secret to realistic cab sounds is exactly what I do with the Alloy IRs in real life. (assuming you run things in mono) Cliff's technique creates a small time difference between the IRs creating a phase. What I do is place two mics out of phase but not just randomly. I fine tune that phase distance and mic position to a place where the mics compliment each other perfectly with both the phase and position. (this takes a lot of time) It's actually very unlikely that you'll find these kinds of mic positions separately in an IR collection since on their own they might not sound that great. F.ex. I usually have one mic a bit brighter than I'd normally have and the other a bit darker than I'd normally have but together they give me the... thing that I want. :)

Two questions Clark about all your Alloy IRs :

1/ How many mics did you use at the same time ? Two each time or sometimes more ?

2/ When you made them, you put mics at different distances from the cab. For example, assuming you used two mics, you put one at 5 centimeters from the cab and another one at 25 centimeters. The difference is 20 centimeters. What is the maximum difference between the closest mic to the cab and the farthest one.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom