How can I get the tone of my Axe Fx 2 preset with my new Axe Fx 3? Axe Fx 2 still sounds better :(

I do just this kind of thing for a living.

But I can't refuse a good challenge every now and then. This one is on the house..;):cool:
  • Cabs in User Bank 1, Slots #48 and #49 (see pic below)
  • Used a different model that was closer to my ear (ODS-100 Ford PAB).
  • Tweaked the two Amps, and Cab block by ear. (a live Tone Match would make it REALLY close)
  • Reset and matched the Drives, Compressor, Delay and Reverb.
  • Reset the 'Clyde' Wah to Factory defaults.
  • For 'Cygnus' 16.05
I would raise the 'Low Cut' in the Cab block, Preamp Tab, a bit higher (125-150 Hz?), too much low-end IMHO.

Dumble Lead 2 Cab slots.png

Attachments

• Dumble Lead 2 Moke.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
K - I see where the TAF one came from (free Ultrares Samples) and the other one is yours.

Here's my take on it (1st 4 scenes) - Axe3 Preset attached (put your cabs in User2 50 and 51). I turned off the delay, reverb, cab room, and cab pre to make the matching simpler. Roughly equivalent settings in axe 3 seem to be in the ballpark to my ear - not sure why you could not get close.

Attachments

• DUMBLEED.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
I do just this kind of thing for a living.

But I can't refuse a good challenge every now and then. This one is on the house..;):cool:
  • Cabs in User Bank 1, Slots #48 and #49 (see pic below)
  • Used a different model that was closer to my ear (ODS-100 Ford PAB).
  • Tweaked the two Amps, and Cab block by ear. (a live Tone Match would make it REALLY close)
  • Reset and matched the Drives, Compressor, Delay and Reverb.
  • Reset the 'Clyde' Wah to Factory defaults.
  • For 'Cygnus' 16.05
I would raise the 'Low Cut' in the Cab block, Preamp Tab, a bit higher (125-150 Hz?), too much low-end IMHO.

View attachment 88522
Thanks man. I've just seen your reply now.
Sounds awesome, definitely closer than my first try. But the Axe Fx II had a different basic tone to my ears that just can't be recreated by the III imo.

Which cabs did you use?
I even tried to tonematch my II , comes even closer. But when I want to export it to a cab file the volume drops down drastically.
Did I do something wrong?

You'll have to use your ears and forget about replicating fx2 settings. Went through that phase also and it just like that.
Exactly that. For the D30 I mainly use, copying the axe FX II settings seemed a good start but in the end turned out to be a dead end road and a considerable loss of time. Just spent one or two hours for starting at scratch and all should go well in the end.

I even tried to tonematch my II , comes even closer. But when I want to export it to a cab file the volume drops down drastically.
Did I do something wrong?
Tone Matched IR's go through some sort of normalizing process when they are created. I typically set the cab block level to '5.00' dB when using them.

Ah ok so you also used my self-created cab "OR-4x12 ... Multi Georg" ?
Just wondering 'cause you set it to user2 #49 whereas it should be on #59
Yes, it uses the same two cab IRs. My mistake. Yep, Cab #2 in the cab block should have been set to #59.

Back
Top Bottom