How can I get a hold of the external 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix IR?

RifferMcDuck

Inspired
I have to take a hiatus from the Axe for a bit, and I'd like to take my favorite IR with me. I tried looking up how to find it, and there were two ways mentioned:

IR capture, but to my understanding this requires a second FAS unit, which I do not have.
Second is that the IR itself was part of the Mad Oak 2 cab pack, but I cannot find this sold anywhere now.

Any ideas on how to get a hold of it?

Should be on the Axechange. Search Mad Oak. I found it there recently. If all else fails I can post it later when I get home.

I was able to import it. Might have used Cablab lite. My memories pretty bad. I just installed LTs Christmas bundle. Those IRS were .syx.

IIRC this specific IR is a mix that’s not part of the pack.

I have captured the stock IR as an external IR, but I won’t / can’t share it without explicit permission from FAS.

IIRC this specific IR is a mix that’s not part of the pack.

I have captured the stock IR as an external IR, but I won’t / can’t share it without explicit permission from FAS.

Ah, good to know. It seems it's torturously protected, but I can understand that since it's arguably the most popular IR in FAS history.

I saw an old post by you describing the process you used to capture that exact IR, but you said you used your AFX3 alongside an FM3 I believe. Is this something I can do with just my AFX3?

Ah, good to know. It seems it's torturously protected, but I can understand that since it's arguably the most popular IR in FAS history.

I saw an old post by you describing the process you used to capture that exact IR, but you said you used your AFX3 alongside an FM3 I believe. Is this something I can do with just my AFX3?

What exactly are you trying to do? You can do the capture without a second device, but that will produce an IR that is only usable in an Axe-FX. Are you trying to capture into a .wav? Use a computer, not an Axe-FX for that.

What exactly are you trying to do? You can do the capture without a second device, but that will produce an IR that is only usable in an Axe-FX. Are you trying to capture into a .wav? Use a computer, not an Axe-FX for that.

Yeah, ideally that's what I'd like to do. Unfortunately, I have never dealt with IR capturing in any capacity, and all my search results on the FAS forums say that .wav can only be converted to .syx, not the other way around.

If you can't find the original IR and need to do a capture: If you want a .syx, use your Axe-FX. No second device is needed. If you want a .wav, use IR Utility that comes with Logic, or Voxengo Deconvolver.

How do you do that?
How do you capture an IR from blocks in an Axe-FX? I usually do it with MLSTool. Put an input block before the chain of blocks you want to capture, and an output block after. Send the test signal from MLSTool to the input block and receive from the output block.

Back
Top Bottom